NOTE: With the limitations that Google placed on the data transferal process from G+, many comments were not retained. This archive is not intended as a complete archive, but for general reference only.
All images are hosted by their respective authors and may not show up within the "G+ Mentorship Program for Photographers" ARCHIVE, which imported text and image references only. More images may disappear over time, as their authors change or remove their hosting.
ALL IMAGES ARE COPYRIGHT OF THEIR RESPECTIVE AUTHORS AND NO RIGHT TO COPY, USE OR DISTRIBUTE IS IMPLIED BY YOUR ABILITY TO VIEW THE IMAGES IN THIS ARCHIVE.

Robin Griggs Wood here, folks!

Robin Griggs Wood here, folks!
So … you're a damn fine photographer already.
But …
Some days there is that niggling little doubt that plagues you.
Find out what certainty feels like!
Just ask Sam Breach …  a damn fine photographer who knows why now. Uncertainty done gone 'poof!'
Tuck her in a circle that you see regularly, too … this woman's work is soggy with excellence.

Last week marked the end of my second 12-week mentorship here at Google+ , the G+ Mentorship ART Program for Photographers ( #GMAPP2 ) through the G+ Mentorship Program for Photographers that I run here, along with Ron Clifford and Tamara Pruessner .

It is with mixed feelings that I arrive at the end of each mentorship; sad about the close of a very intense time with a great group of people that I have grown to love over the weeks, but very happy to read of the triumphs that the members have had from the time. The quality of the work from these folks has certainly been enough to eclipse any melancholy I might feel. I would like to share with you their works from that time over the next couple of weeks. Please take a moment to read the text and peruse the works, you won't be disappointed!
––––––

For anyone who has read this far, consider mentoring someone else here (or more) ... some people don't even know where to start with their cameras and you could be the change they need in their lives. Even the smallest bit of knowledge can be passed on. Join the ranks of these stellar people who've committed a small amount of their time to help others through the program:  Ron Clifford Tamara Pruessner Beth Akerman Randy Jay Braun Roni Delmonico Sharon Thomas Olav Folland Darryl Van Gaal and Patricia Davidson
Contact me today!

Originally shared by Sam Breach

Final Plus Post  at the conclusion of the G+ Mentorship Program for Photographers  Art for Photographers  programme generously and freely hosted by Robin Griggs Wood.

Over the past 12 weeks I have been studying hard on the subject of Art in Photography under the warm, generous, encouraging, positive tutelage of Robin Griggs Wood. People have often told me that I “have a good eye” but I really didn’t know why, until Robin showed me the path to understanding the reason behind choices I’d made in the past and by then taking it one several amazing steps forward by providing me with a treasure chest of simple new tools that I can forever play and experiment with to take my images to a whole new level moving forward. My confidence has soared during this period of intensive training and tuition. I now have language to explain things that previously I could see, but not articulate. I now know the magic of shapes, colors, lines and a myriad of other elements that combined can catapult an image off of the screen and into that elusive stratosphere called ART. And then I can laugh as fall gently back down to earth with a bump and remind myself that art actually isn’t elusive at all. I am an Artist. I say that with a straight and quite serious face these days, thanks to Robin. And you can be an artist too, if you let Robin show you how to think and what to do.

You can just ask Ed Sweeney  or Ricardo Williams  or Christopher Germano  or Swee Oh  and they will each tell you how much I have been raving about this Mentorship Class on Art in Photography by Robin Griggs Wood  Each of them has expressed interest in signing up for the next one and I hope they all do. If you are interested too, you’ll need to keep an eye on Robin's stream for the sign ups - the spots are limited but if you qualify for one you won’t regret the experience. It is a lot of hard work - I found myself sometimes putting in 8, 10 or more hours a week, but every single second enriched my creative soul and it never really felt like work, it just felt like play. Yes. She gave me toys and I’m going to keep on playing...


Here are some pictures I took during the class that I am particularly proud of, culminating in this final image of The Frenchman frederic schmidt. Enjoy! If I get wind of when the next sign ups will be - I'll be sure to come back to this post and add the information for anyone who expresses interest.







Comments

  1. I am very interested in a mentorship and having read your post makes me appreciate the hard work of the mentor and the mentee.  Your photographs are stunning!  Your confidence is beaming off the page.  Congratulations!  Because of your post, I will be looking daily for the mentor openings.  Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment