This mentorship has also given me a new and better way of looking at things around me and has boosted my confidence...
This mentorship has also given me a new and better way of looking at things around me and has boosted my confidence to try out new subjects, new perspectives and more importantly new approaches when photographing my favorite subjects as I am by heart a nature photographer. ~ Marilou Aballe
What a delightful album from your time in Sam Breach's mentorship, Marilou!
–––
For anyone who has read this far, consider mentoring someone else here (or more) ... some people don't even know where to start with their cameras and you could be the change they need in their lives. Even the smallest bit of knowledge can be passed on and you can create your mentorship in many different ways. Imagine the feeling of taking someone to their next level, paying forward the knowledge you've received and watching someone blossom with enthusiasm and accomplishment!
Originally shared by Marilou Aballe
A Hummer's Happy Hour at the Mint Bar
(.....and an invitation to read this post and view each image)
Sharing with you today my Final album representing isolation concepts I’ve learned from the 8 week mentorship program on Subject Isolation and Story Telling led by the most talented and brilliant photographer Sam Breach, under the G+ Mentorship Program for Photographers . For this graduation album we had to come up with a Body of Work (series of images with a common theme) and I chose to photograph hummingbirds on flowers. These images were all shot last Sunday Sept. 14, 2014. A bittersweet parting finale as this was also the last week that the hummers are still around before they migrate down south for the winter. True enough, early this morning the last hummingbird in my neck of the woods may have left as I have not seen a single hummer on any of our feeders today.
I have learned so much from this 8 week mentorship not only about subject isolation techniques (via colors, textures, contrast, depth of field, light and shadows, etc) but also paying attention to details, knowing your subject, planning your shot, envisioning and conveying the story. I will continue to share assignment shots from concepts I’ve learned in the days to come. This mentorship has also given me a new and better way of looking at things around me and has boosted my confidence to try out new subjects, new perspectives and more importantly new approaches when photographing my favorite subjects as I am by heart a nature photographer. Hopefully over time I will develop a style from the valuable knowledge gained from this mentorship and likewise continue to proactively seek, practice and venture into new subjects.
A wholehearted thanks again Sam Breach for your steadfast leadership, inspiration and generosity of your time (as tight and demanding your work schedule is, you still found the time to view, analyze and comment at every image that every student has submitted in this mentorship). Thank you to the support crew of this mentorship for your encouragement and positive words, most especially to Diana Boyd and Elizabeth Lund who have also viewed and commented at every album shared! Diana and Elizabeth you are both amazing super supporters/moderators. Huge thanks to all my fellow mentees whose talents, enthusiasm and peer support has continued to amaze and inspire me each week. Thank you for the new found friendships that I hope to carry on in this great platform that connects us all. Last but not least thank you to the directors of the G+ Mentorship Program for Photographers (Robin Griggs Wood Ron Clifford and Tamara Pruessner ) for continuing to provide valuable access and learning opportunities to photographers here in G+!
I highly recommend this mentorship program to all those interested to further their photography knowledge and experience!
#hummingbirds #hummingbirdphotography #mentorships #photographymentorship





What a delightful album from your time in Sam Breach's mentorship, Marilou!
–––
For anyone who has read this far, consider mentoring someone else here (or more) ... some people don't even know where to start with their cameras and you could be the change they need in their lives. Even the smallest bit of knowledge can be passed on and you can create your mentorship in many different ways. Imagine the feeling of taking someone to their next level, paying forward the knowledge you've received and watching someone blossom with enthusiasm and accomplishment!
Originally shared by Marilou Aballe
A Hummer's Happy Hour at the Mint Bar
(.....and an invitation to read this post and view each image)
Sharing with you today my Final album representing isolation concepts I’ve learned from the 8 week mentorship program on Subject Isolation and Story Telling led by the most talented and brilliant photographer Sam Breach, under the G+ Mentorship Program for Photographers . For this graduation album we had to come up with a Body of Work (series of images with a common theme) and I chose to photograph hummingbirds on flowers. These images were all shot last Sunday Sept. 14, 2014. A bittersweet parting finale as this was also the last week that the hummers are still around before they migrate down south for the winter. True enough, early this morning the last hummingbird in my neck of the woods may have left as I have not seen a single hummer on any of our feeders today.
I have learned so much from this 8 week mentorship not only about subject isolation techniques (via colors, textures, contrast, depth of field, light and shadows, etc) but also paying attention to details, knowing your subject, planning your shot, envisioning and conveying the story. I will continue to share assignment shots from concepts I’ve learned in the days to come. This mentorship has also given me a new and better way of looking at things around me and has boosted my confidence to try out new subjects, new perspectives and more importantly new approaches when photographing my favorite subjects as I am by heart a nature photographer. Hopefully over time I will develop a style from the valuable knowledge gained from this mentorship and likewise continue to proactively seek, practice and venture into new subjects.
A wholehearted thanks again Sam Breach for your steadfast leadership, inspiration and generosity of your time (as tight and demanding your work schedule is, you still found the time to view, analyze and comment at every image that every student has submitted in this mentorship). Thank you to the support crew of this mentorship for your encouragement and positive words, most especially to Diana Boyd and Elizabeth Lund who have also viewed and commented at every album shared! Diana and Elizabeth you are both amazing super supporters/moderators. Huge thanks to all my fellow mentees whose talents, enthusiasm and peer support has continued to amaze and inspire me each week. Thank you for the new found friendships that I hope to carry on in this great platform that connects us all. Last but not least thank you to the directors of the G+ Mentorship Program for Photographers (Robin Griggs Wood Ron Clifford and Tamara Pruessner ) for continuing to provide valuable access and learning opportunities to photographers here in G+!
I highly recommend this mentorship program to all those interested to further their photography knowledge and experience!
#hummingbirds #hummingbirdphotography #mentorships #photographymentorship





Thank you most kindly Diana Boyd , Lynn Smith and Gloria Joanne Roldan !
ReplyDeleteAmazing work! Marilou Aballe
ReplyDeleteVery beautiful
ReplyDelete