NOTE: With the limitations that Google placed on the data transferal process from G+, many comments were not retained. This archive is not intended as a complete archive, but for general reference only.
All images are hosted by their respective authors and may not show up within the "G+ Mentorship Program for Photographers" ARCHIVE, which imported text and image references only. More images may disappear over time, as their authors change or remove their hosting.
ALL IMAGES ARE COPYRIGHT OF THEIR RESPECTIVE AUTHORS AND NO RIGHT TO COPY, USE OR DISTRIBUTE IS IMPLIED BY YOUR ABILITY TO VIEW THE IMAGES IN THIS ARCHIVE.

Head on over to Pam Boling's post, folks! The "Seeing Compositions" mentorship is ready for sign-ups!


Head on over to Pam Boling's post, folks! The "Seeing Compositions" mentorship is ready for sign-ups!
To be considered for selection, please comment to the main post only, at the following link:  https://plus.google.com/108127039931400009413/posts/2qJuFWSuAZm
(your application will not be seen at any reshares, and this here is a reshare). Important: If you reshare this post, please disable comments.

Originally shared by Pam Boling

The Seeing Compositions mentorship is ready for sign-ups!

Important: If you reshare this post, please disable comments.

This is a special program to help you improve your photographic composition skills through the G+ Mentorship Program for Photographers. The primary goal of this workshop is to help you learn to see and capture better compositions. I will be taking on a handful of people for a six-week online mentorship program which will include lessons, assignments, and informal discussions. Everyone who participates can have fun and learn at the same time!

I have been a photographer for over thirty years and have worked professionally for much of that time. I am currently an Apprentice in the Arcanum under the tutelage of Robin Griggs Wood. I work in many genres, though my current bent is primarily landscapes and macro.

PLEASE NOTE: This is not about basic camera operation or technical aspects of photography. You will be learning the ART of photographic composition and how to make your photographs more appealing. We will explore ways to draw your audience in and hold attention.

This will be an intensive Mentorship. I will ask that you give your all, as will I. Your reward will be commensurate with your investment of time and effort. I expect you to be shooting a LOT because the more you practice, the better ingrained these concepts will become – and the better photographer you will be. There will be weekly assignments based on a theme/concept. I will ask that you shoot ten photographs based on the theme, but you will only be required to post two or three of those. The remaining photos will be on the honor system and for your benefit because, again, how much time and effort you invest determines how much improvement you will see.

Selections will begin January 19 for the mentorship beginning January 28 – I chose a Wednesday to give us a chance to settle in, introduce ourselves and have a weekend to get out shooting, for those who may have regular Monday to Friday jobs.

These are the selection criteria:

• You must be taking and posting your own photographs regularly here on G+ –– an absolute minimum of three days between Public posts; more increases your chances of being selected. (The class itself will be private to the group selected except for the option of a public display album of your best work at the end.)
• You must be interactive here at G+, as you will be expected to participate in this program giving feedback and comments to others.
• You have no previous studies in this subject, since this program is designed for those who have not had the opportunity or advantage to add this skill set to their knowledge base.
• You have the time available to participate in this workshop.
• You are willing to shoot and process 10+ photographs per week (only three will be shared in the community, but they will be the “best of” the ten or more that you shoot).

To be considered for selection, please comment to the main post only, here:  https://plus.google.com/108127039931400009413/posts/2qJuFWSuAZm
(your application will not be seen at any reshares) and answer the following questions in your comment:

1) Photography skill level
2) Photo editing software used most
3) Favorite three subjects to photograph
4) Aspirations within photography
5) Current job or profession
6) Previous art studies
7) Amount of time you have available for participation
8) How often you currently shoot

EXAMPLE ANSWERS
1) Intermediate hobby photographer
2) Adobe Lightroom, Photoshop CC
3) Trees, landscapes, waterfalls
4) To sell prints of my work
5) Full-time grocery store clerk
6) I have no previous art studies
7) I do have a job and two kids, but I will make the time for this 
8) Twice a week

I will read all responses. However, I will not be able to respond individually to each of you. 

The G+ Mentorship Program for Photographers is run by program directors Robin Griggs Wood Ron Clifford and Alex Lapidus

photo by Alex Lapidus

Comments