NOTE: With the limitations that Google placed on the data transferal process from G+, many comments were not retained. This archive is not intended as a complete archive, but for general reference only.
All images are hosted by their respective authors and may not show up within the "G+ Mentorship Program for Photographers" ARCHIVE, which imported text and image references only. More images may disappear over time, as their authors change or remove their hosting.
ALL IMAGES ARE COPYRIGHT OF THEIR RESPECTIVE AUTHORS AND NO RIGHT TO COPY, USE OR DISTRIBUTE IS IMPLIED BY YOUR ABILITY TO VIEW THE IMAGES IN THIS ARCHIVE.

A new mentorship for the new year!


A new mentorship for the new year!
The "Colours, Shapes, Lines and Textures" mentorship is ready for sign-ups! To be considered for selection, please comment to the main post only, here:
https://plus.google.com/u/0/+RogerChessell/posts/GEEvC6HruM6?sfc=true

(your application will not be seen at any reshares!)

Originally shared by Roger Chessell

The Colours, Shapes, Lines and Textures mentorship is ready for sign-ups!

In this new mentorship, I want to help you explore how Colours Shapes, Lines and Textures, as they all play a vital role in how we create powerful images that are engaging to the viewer to tell great visual stories. We will be looking at these one by one and also together to help you understand how they can help elevate your images from nice pictures to something that is just “that much more special”. I know from experience this will be a fun, educational and sometimes challenging way to improve your photography while being in a private group of like minded friends.

I will be taking on a group for an 8 weeks on-line mentorship program which will include lessons, assignments, and informal discussions. Everyone who participates can have fun and learn at the same time!

About me

Am I a world renown photographer? No most definitely not as I too continue along the path of learning, trying out different ways of combining things to get a great photo.

So why have I put together this mentorship, well it’s about passing on the lessons I have learnt, to encourage you to put things together in a way that works for you, to help you find those explanations of why certain things go together.

I have learnt some great stuff along my path of enlightenment by participating in G+ Mentorship Program for Photographers, with Mary Presson Roberts, Lauri Novak and Shari Miller. I have spent a period of time in the Arcanum under 2 Masters, Bob Young and Ron Clifford, learning different skills whilst being encouraged by fellow apprentices in the communities working alongside me, and qualified at level 40.

I am a qualified Adult Education Trainer of some 15 years. For over 30 years I have dabbled in photography taking snapshots, running my own darkroom (many years ago) before I retired and took up digital photography as my main hobby, to learn what goes into making a great photo.

This mentorship is aimed at the new photographer, you will already be experiencing the mind-blowing fact that it is not just about pointing a camera and pressing the shutter button to achieve a tremendous photo.

You read about useful software like Lightroom and Photoshop, but this mentorship doesn’t cover these but I will help you to understand how to get some of the basics right first.

Selection process

Selections will begin on 15th January 2017 for the mentorship beginning on 6th February 2017 and end on 10th April 2017


These are the selection criteria:

• You must be taking and posting your own photographs regularly here on G+ –– an absolute minimum of three days between Public posts; more increases your chances of being selected. (The class itself will be private to the group selected except for the option of a public display album of your best work at the end.)

• You must be interactive here at G+, as you will be expected to participate in this program giving feedback and comments to others.

• You have few previous studies in this subject, since this program is designed for those who have not had the opportunity or advantage to add this skill set to their knowledge base.

• You have the time available to participate in this workshop.

To be considered for selection, please comment to the main post only, here:

https://plus.google.com/u/0/+RogerChessell/posts/GEEvC6HruM6?sfc=true

(your application will not be seen at any reshares) and answer the following questions in your comment:

1) Photography skill level
2) Photo editing software used most
3) Favorite three subjects to photograph
4) Aspirations within photography
5) Current job or profession
6) Previous art studies
7) Amount of time you have available for participation

EXAMPLE ANSWERS
1) Intermediate hobby photographer
2) Adobe Lightroom, Photoshop CS3
3) Trees, landscapes, waterfalls
4) To sell prints of my work
5) Full-time grocery store clerk
6) I have no previous art studies
7) I do have a job and two kids, but I will make the time for this

The G+ Mentorship Program for Photographers is run by program directors Robin Griggs Wood Ron Clifford Alex Lapidus

Helpers

Angela Migliore Bob Young Bretta Elmore Jennifer Walton Lauri Novak Mary Presson Roberts Steffan Correll Kitten KaboodleInc

Comments