NOTE: With the limitations that Google placed on the data transferal process from G+, many comments were not retained. This archive is not intended as a complete archive, but for general reference only.
All images are hosted by their respective authors and may not show up within the "G+ Mentorship Program for Photographers" ARCHIVE, which imported text and image references only. More images may disappear over time, as their authors change or remove their hosting.
ALL IMAGES ARE COPYRIGHT OF THEIR RESPECTIVE AUTHORS AND NO RIGHT TO COPY, USE OR DISTRIBUTE IS IMPLIED BY YOUR ABILITY TO VIEW THE IMAGES IN THIS ARCHIVE.

".

"...I was given so much to think about that I sometimes found myself challenged to the point of confusion, went past the point of being overwhelmed, and then was drawn back to myself and a sense of personal accomplishment and self-direction that would have been dream-think without the leaders and mentorship participants. Because of them, and the incredible assignments and information with which we work, I am finding my voice. " -- Sandra Nesbit 

Thank you, Sandra, for sharing your thoughts and work from your time in the Beyond the Blur mentorship with Heiko Mahr and Alex Lapidus!

–––
For anyone who has read this far, consider mentoring someone else here (or more) ... some people don't even know where to start with their cameras and you could be the change they need in their lives. Even the smallest bit of knowledge can be passed on and you can create your mentorship in many different ways. Imagine the feeling of taking someone to their next level, paying forward the knowledge you've received and watching someone blossom with enthusiasm and accomplishment!

Originally shared by Sandra Nesbit

G+ Mentorship Program for Photographers Alex Lapidus Heiko Mahr Linda Villers and Robin Griggs Wood

Final Plus Post for Beyond the Blurs Mentorship and Graduation Album

Beyond babies, marriage, death, divorce and getting the lead role in a Broadway Play, there are few things one does in life that are absolutely life-changing. But for me, being a participant in the G+ Mentorship Programs for Photographers is one of them. I believe there are some important, reasons for that and I want to talk about those reasons here.

For those who are just learning about the Mentorship Programs:
+Robin Griggs Wood who began the program and who was ably assisted (in my mentorships) by +Alex Lapidus, +Heiko Mahr and +Linda Villers created a way for us to help each other learn and grow together in an international community of people who provide mutual encouragement, information, support, and respect. The broader mentorship community has been around for a while, and I am here to witness to the fact that it works. We do learn. We do grow. We do give and find support. We’re also challenged to become the best artist and photographer we can be within the context of our normal, everyday lives. All this we do with flexible time frames and in the company of people who become our friends. It just doesn’t get any better than that.

In my most recent mentorship, Beyond the Blurs, I was given so much to think about that I sometimes found myself challenged to the point of confusion, went past the point of being overwhelmed, and then was drawn back to myself and a sense of personal accomplishment and self-direction that would have been dream-think without the leaders and mentorship participants. Because of them, and the incredible assignments and information with which we work, I am finding my voice. I bet, if you choose to invest yourself in these mentorships, they’ll do the same for you.

All the images in this album were created during, and as part of, the Beyond the Blurs Mentorship.






Comments

  1. Your write up is as exquisite as your images Sandra Nesbit!!! These images are ready for show!!! :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment