"I have to say that coming into this program I didnt expect it to be what it ultimately turned out to be.
"I have to say that coming into this program I didnt expect it to be what it ultimately turned out to be. I thought it was going to be a lot more about taking pictures and what i wound up with was an education. I must also thank +G+ Mentorship Program for Photographers. I don't know another place where a photographer can go to learn that feels so safe. Where it doesnt matter who you are or what level of skill you have. Where the generosity of people just continues to overwhelm me." ~ debi scott
Thank you so much for those kind words, Debi. Your album is excellent. too. Thank you for sharing this from your time in Brian Wood-Koiwa's "Interpreting the Street: Fine Art Street Photography" mentorship!
–––
For anyone who has read this far, consider mentoring someone else here (or more) ... some people don't even know where to start with their cameras and you could be the change they need in their lives. Even the smallest bit of knowledge can be passed on and you can create your mentorship in many different ways. Imagine the feeling of taking someone to their next level, paying forward the knowledge you've received and watching someone blossom with enthusiasm and accomplishment!
Originally shared by Debi Francis
Interpreting the Street
Week 9 Mini Project Presentation
Ok, here we are at the end of our mentorship. I'd like to first thank +Brian Wood-Koiwa for selecting me to participate, it was such a privilege to be apart of such a stimulating program and you are a master leader. A thank you also has to go out to all of my fellow mentes who took this journey with me. I am humbled by your collective talent and forever grateful for all of your friendship, encouragement and support.
I have to say that coming into this program I didnt expect it to be what it ultimately turned out to be. I thought it was going to be a lot more about taking pictures and what i wound up with was an education.
We studied the masters, we disgusted the definition of street photography. We learned that for each of us there was a different definition. Art can be that way.
We went on to learn how to critique an image properly. How to see the image and to effectively communicate what we were seeing to the maker. Then onto composition and then a discussion about fine art as it relates to street photography. Like I said, an education. Each assignment brought such stimulating discussions. They were wonderful. I enjoyed every second of the give and take between all of us.
Now weeks into the program we started taking pictures but with such a foundation. Only to add a lesson in post processing. There is so much information to adsorb and reflect on here in this program that I will be referring back to it for a long time.
I must also thank +G+ Mentorship Program for Photographers
I don't know another place where a photographer can go to learn that feels so safe. Where it doesnt matter who you are or what level of skill you have. Where the generosity of people just continues to overwhelm me. Thank you so much.
My final project changed several times. As a relatively new photographer, I am still trying to find myself. I think during this workshop I just may have done that. I have discovered that i really find joy in photographing people in a street environment. It just makes me happy. I've included a few street portraits in my final mini project here . I decided to use images I shot while I was away. So here is.......
While I Was Away








Thank you so much for those kind words, Debi. Your album is excellent. too. Thank you for sharing this from your time in Brian Wood-Koiwa's "Interpreting the Street: Fine Art Street Photography" mentorship!
–––
For anyone who has read this far, consider mentoring someone else here (or more) ... some people don't even know where to start with their cameras and you could be the change they need in their lives. Even the smallest bit of knowledge can be passed on and you can create your mentorship in many different ways. Imagine the feeling of taking someone to their next level, paying forward the knowledge you've received and watching someone blossom with enthusiasm and accomplishment!
Originally shared by Debi Francis
Interpreting the Street
Week 9 Mini Project Presentation
Ok, here we are at the end of our mentorship. I'd like to first thank +Brian Wood-Koiwa for selecting me to participate, it was such a privilege to be apart of such a stimulating program and you are a master leader. A thank you also has to go out to all of my fellow mentes who took this journey with me. I am humbled by your collective talent and forever grateful for all of your friendship, encouragement and support.
I have to say that coming into this program I didnt expect it to be what it ultimately turned out to be. I thought it was going to be a lot more about taking pictures and what i wound up with was an education.
We studied the masters, we disgusted the definition of street photography. We learned that for each of us there was a different definition. Art can be that way.
We went on to learn how to critique an image properly. How to see the image and to effectively communicate what we were seeing to the maker. Then onto composition and then a discussion about fine art as it relates to street photography. Like I said, an education. Each assignment brought such stimulating discussions. They were wonderful. I enjoyed every second of the give and take between all of us.
Now weeks into the program we started taking pictures but with such a foundation. Only to add a lesson in post processing. There is so much information to adsorb and reflect on here in this program that I will be referring back to it for a long time.
I must also thank +G+ Mentorship Program for Photographers
I don't know another place where a photographer can go to learn that feels so safe. Where it doesnt matter who you are or what level of skill you have. Where the generosity of people just continues to overwhelm me. Thank you so much.
My final project changed several times. As a relatively new photographer, I am still trying to find myself. I think during this workshop I just may have done that. I have discovered that i really find joy in photographing people in a street environment. It just makes me happy. I've included a few street portraits in my final mini project here . I decided to use images I shot while I was away. So here is.......
While I Was Away








Mary Wardell
ReplyDeletethank you, what a lovely compliment
debi scott ...if you enjoy this kind of photography, please go out and DO LOTS MORE! Because these are exceptional! You don't just capture people...you seem to show us the person, with their needs and hurts and joy and busy-ness, as well.
ReplyDeleteSandra Nesbit
ReplyDeleteoh thats so sweet of you to say. i do love people. talking to them and getting their stories. thank you so much