NOTE: With the limitations that Google placed on the data transferal process from G+, many comments were not retained. This archive is not intended as a complete archive, but for general reference only.
All images are hosted by their respective authors and may not show up within the "G+ Mentorship Program for Photographers" ARCHIVE, which imported text and image references only. More images may disappear over time, as their authors change or remove their hosting.
ALL IMAGES ARE COPYRIGHT OF THEIR RESPECTIVE AUTHORS AND NO RIGHT TO COPY, USE OR DISTRIBUTE IS IMPLIED BY YOUR ABILITY TO VIEW THE IMAGES IN THIS ARCHIVE.

"The skills (I) learned include too many to list, but range from the technical understanding of exposing correctly...

"The skills (I) learned include too many to list, but range from the technical understanding of exposing correctly for the scene, focusing to get the sharpest image, following the weather conditions, understanding what light would be ideal for the location and processing for an overall creative vision." Craig Szymanski 

That's quite a list, Craig! ... but we expected nothing less from the amazing Sairam Sundaresan and his "Storytelling Landscapes" mentorship, which was given here exclusively at Google+. 

You are not going to want to miss this album! Craig's full body of work here is pure pleasure to peruse! Read his post as well; he tells you everything that he did to create the cover image. Well done, Craig .. so well done ... :o)

–––
For anyone who has read this far, consider mentoring someone else here (or more) ... some people don't even know where to start with their cameras and you could be the change they need in their lives. Even the smallest bit of knowledge can be passed on and you can create your mentorship in many different ways. Imagine the feeling of taking someone to their next level, paying forward the knowledge you've received and watching someone blossom with enthusiasm and accomplishment!

Originally shared by Craig Szymanski

Plus Post - Final Assignment 
WEEK 12   #GScapes     #GscapesMain     #GscapesAud
Storytelling Landscape Photography
G+ Mentorship Program for Photographers Sairam Sundaresan.

The highlighted photo in this album is my final image for the Storytelling Landscape Photography Mentorship.The rest of the album contains my favorite images from the weekly assignments. The final assignment was to utilize all of the skills that we have learned in the previous 11 weeks and put them into one final image. The skills learned include too many to list, but range from the technical understanding of exposing correctly for the scene, focusing to get the sharpest image, following the weather conditions, understanding what light would be ideal for the location and processing for an overall creative vision.  Thanks so much to Sairam Sundaresan  for all of the hard work you put into this most excellent program as well as G+ Mentorship Program for Photographers for putting together so many other invaluable mentorships.
I chose Ender Falls in Granby, CT. I shot this location in the spring. The waters were fierce, powerful and difficult if not dangerous to get close to. I promised myself that I would return in the fall because I was sure that there would be less water and maybe a bit more color.  I spent hours walking up and down this place the morning I shot this and the only reason I left was I hadn’t packed a lunch :) It is a great place to visit if you ever are in the area.
This spot has been photographed quite a bit and usually the shots I see mostly put the emphasis on the waterfalls. The thing is for me the waterfalls are fantastic, but as a whole the entire location (rocks, trees, the greens!, etc) as a whole are the best. So, basically my vision was to capture the scene completely.
At first I thought the evening golden hour would be the time to choose. A couple weeks ago I set out and took all my shots, but the light was not where I wanted it. It was not highlighting the subject. So, I planned to visit again in the early hours when I knew the light would be behind me, dappling on the rocks, lighting up the trees and reflecting in the water. I also chose a clear day because their are tons of trees in the area to filter to the light.
As I was on this location, I spent about an hour waiting for the light to hit the parts that I wanted and I took the shots as leaves streamed by and the light danced through the scene. I chose my favorite exposures, aligned them in photoshop (not much to aligned with the tripod) and used the focus stacking to bring in the highlights and leaf trails (this worked better than I thought it would). I layer blended all of the layers I chose if the stacking missed anything(a leaf trail or light on a rock face/tree). I grabbed a darker and lighter frame and blended in a few things mostly to lead the eyes through the scene. For the final touches I used viveza and color efex pro to add some tones into the scene and warm it up a bit.
If you reached this point thanks for reading and have an excellent day :)












Comments

  1. Stunning images. I loved the perspective of all of them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Galri Montaj Contemporary Art -- we post mentorships as they become available (mentors are volunteering their time, so are not available at every moment.) We post sign-ups when mentors are ready to start a new one, so the best thing to do is to add this page and set your notification slider to the far right, then you will receive an email when we post. We don't post that often, so we're not spammy to your stream ... ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks so much everyone! I am thankful I had the opportunity :)
    Mari Luukkonen Paul Nuzum Sharon Stone Alan Mason Sonali Dalal

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment