"I would try to read photography articles and ebooks.
"I would try to read photography articles and ebooks. I can't tell you how many times I read about the Exposure Triangle, and it immediately fell out of my head. It simply wouldn't resonate. I never, ever thought I could learn what Manual mode meant, much less how to use it. It wasn't until this mentorship that I actually GOT IT!" ~ Liz Calderón
Yes ... you got it, indeed, Liz!
The "Camera Basics: Beyond Automatic" mentorship was created and run by a large group of mentors, each volunteering a portion of their time to help others gain more understanding about the use of their cameras, as well as another large group of helpers and supporters. There is no limit on the types of mentorships that can be created––no single person has to carry the load.
For anyone who has read this far, consider mentoring someone else here (or more) ... some people don't even know where to start with their cameras and you could be the change they need in their lives. Even the smallest bit of knowledge can be passed on and you can create your mentorship in many different ways. Imagine the feeling of taking someone to their next level, paying forward the knowledge you've received and watching someone blossom with enthusiasm and accomplishment!
Originally shared by Liz C
I just completed my G+ Mentorship Program for Photographers !
I cannot believe my good fortune this summer at being selected to participate in the Camera Basics: Beyond Automatic mentorship.
Here I was owning a bridge camera, and doing nothing beyond Program mode. I knew the camera was doing more than in Automatic, but I didn't know what! I was simply unconscious to the marvels, but I was becoming increasingly stymied with my captures and processing.
Oh I would try to read photography articles and ebooks. I can't tell you how many times I read about the Exposure Triangle, and it immediately fell out of my head. It simply wouldn't resonate. I never, ever thought I could learn what Manual mode meant, much less how to use it.
It wasn't until this mentorship that I actually GOT IT! And more. Now I am certainly no expert, but I'm delighted to be Consciously Incompetent: I understand the basics, and want to to get better.
Gplus and my photography have always been intertwined, and now even more so. I am forever indebted to Robin Griggs Wood for creating this wonderful program, and to all the mentors and helpers for creating amazing lessons and donating countless hours to all of us taking the mentorship. In this supportive community, we held each other through six weeks of:
What? How? Why? Argh! and finally Success!
For our mentorship graduation, we were given the challenge of submitting six photos taken on Manual mode for the themes of Nature, Black and White, and Silhouette. For this album we were allowed to process our submissions. I was so pleasantly surprised to see they didn't need as much processing as my captures before the mentorship :-)))
Now, what to do with my Black and White albums (not two albums of b/w pics, just a ton of either under or overexposed pics hahaha)?
Please circle the G+ Mentorship Program for Photographers page to get notified of future mentorships!





Yes ... you got it, indeed, Liz!
The "Camera Basics: Beyond Automatic" mentorship was created and run by a large group of mentors, each volunteering a portion of their time to help others gain more understanding about the use of their cameras, as well as another large group of helpers and supporters. There is no limit on the types of mentorships that can be created––no single person has to carry the load.
For anyone who has read this far, consider mentoring someone else here (or more) ... some people don't even know where to start with their cameras and you could be the change they need in their lives. Even the smallest bit of knowledge can be passed on and you can create your mentorship in many different ways. Imagine the feeling of taking someone to their next level, paying forward the knowledge you've received and watching someone blossom with enthusiasm and accomplishment!
Originally shared by Liz C
I just completed my G+ Mentorship Program for Photographers !
I cannot believe my good fortune this summer at being selected to participate in the Camera Basics: Beyond Automatic mentorship.
Here I was owning a bridge camera, and doing nothing beyond Program mode. I knew the camera was doing more than in Automatic, but I didn't know what! I was simply unconscious to the marvels, but I was becoming increasingly stymied with my captures and processing.
Oh I would try to read photography articles and ebooks. I can't tell you how many times I read about the Exposure Triangle, and it immediately fell out of my head. It simply wouldn't resonate. I never, ever thought I could learn what Manual mode meant, much less how to use it.
It wasn't until this mentorship that I actually GOT IT! And more. Now I am certainly no expert, but I'm delighted to be Consciously Incompetent: I understand the basics, and want to to get better.
Gplus and my photography have always been intertwined, and now even more so. I am forever indebted to Robin Griggs Wood for creating this wonderful program, and to all the mentors and helpers for creating amazing lessons and donating countless hours to all of us taking the mentorship. In this supportive community, we held each other through six weeks of:
What? How? Why? Argh! and finally Success!
For our mentorship graduation, we were given the challenge of submitting six photos taken on Manual mode for the themes of Nature, Black and White, and Silhouette. For this album we were allowed to process our submissions. I was so pleasantly surprised to see they didn't need as much processing as my captures before the mentorship :-)))
Now, what to do with my Black and White albums (not two albums of b/w pics, just a ton of either under or overexposed pics hahaha)?
Please circle the G+ Mentorship Program for Photographers page to get notified of future mentorships!
Quintin Erasmus Thank you so much, and nice to meet you!
ReplyDeleteLoved your photos and your story!! I am considering trying to sign up for the camera basics mentorship, how much time did it take each week?
ReplyDeleteDianne Maguire Thank you very much for your kind words, I really appreciate it!
ReplyDeleteYou do want to set aside time to study and practice the lessons. I found it helped me to read, re-read, and think about the lesson even if I didn't have a lot of time to practice taking pictures until near week's end (I travel for my work and my schedule is unpredictable). I hope this helps.
Go for it! Like I wrote above, I was never successful with these concepts until the membership!