NOTE: With the limitations that Google placed on the data transferal process from G+, many comments were not retained. This archive is not intended as a complete archive, but for general reference only.
All images are hosted by their respective authors and may not show up within the "G+ Mentorship Program for Photographers" ARCHIVE, which imported text and image references only. More images may disappear over time, as their authors change or remove their hosting.
ALL IMAGES ARE COPYRIGHT OF THEIR RESPECTIVE AUTHORS AND NO RIGHT TO COPY, USE OR DISTRIBUTE IS IMPLIED BY YOUR ABILITY TO VIEW THE IMAGES IN THIS ARCHIVE.

"As the weeks passed I realised I was understanding more and beginning to know how to make my camera take the...

"As the weeks passed I realised I was understanding more and beginning to know how to make my camera take the picture I wanted. I was gaining control over the camera oh yes  I was also getting to know everyone and we were having great laughs, everyone was so supportive." -- Joy mum 

Your accomplishments really shine through your work here, Joy! And you have been a joy to have in the group!

If those of you following this series have read this far:
Have you ever wanted to really make a difference in someone else's life? Consider mentoring someone else here (or more) ... some people don't even know where to start with their cameras and you could be the change they need in their lives. Even the smallest bit of knowledge can be passed on.

Originally shared by ****

Graduation
Week 6 Plus Post 

I cannot believe how fast these past few weeks have gone! Seemed like yesterday when I woke up and read you have been chosen for the G+ Mentorship Program for Photographers   notification, I was so excited!  

Then the nerves kicked in, I remember week one I was soooo nervous, I didn’t know what to call anything, I didn’t know what everything meant and  I felt swamped  but I just took it step by step and tried my best to explain and then posted it in for a penny, in for a pound and almost right away I was reassured by the mentors and crew and  my fellow mentees you rock from that moment on I knew it was going to be fine and that it was ok not to know the names of things. 

As the weeks passed I realised I was understanding more and beginning to know how to make my camera take the picture I wanted. I was gaining control over the camera oh yes  I was also getting to know everyone and we were having great laughs, everyone was so supportive.

By week four the final week I had learned so much and was not ready for the mentorship to finish and then there was an announcement 2 more weeks, yay!

I cannot thank the G+ Mentorship Program for Photographers  , organized and run by the program directors, Robin Griggs Wood, Ron Clifford and Tamara Pruessner enough.

It has taken me from point and shoot in all automatic to fully manual making decisions about how I want the picture to look before I click also how to manage the images once they have been captured.

The mentorship really has developed my photography more than I ever thought possible, below are some of the things I have learned 

• Aperture 
• Shutter speed 
• ISO settings 
• How to freeze shots 
• Depth of field, shallow and deep 
• Flash, fill in flash, defuse flash and redirect 
• Metering modes
• Drive modes 
• Manual mode 
• Exposure triangle 
• Manual focusing 
• How to shoot macro and silhouettes  
• How to store my pictures and label them 
• How to ensure correct metadata 
• And so so so much more 

I want to say extra special thank you to all the mentors and crew you all have been amazing and have put me at ease so many times throughout this mentorship.  

Really an unforgettable experience made great by amazing people    group hug :) 

I would also like to thank everyone I interact with on G+ for understanding when I wasn’t about as much these past weeks
:D xx





Comments

  1. Sounds great! I'll share this info with the participants of the Weekly Photo Project 2013 and Summer Photos that I curate.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A album full of  joy, pleasure and beauty Joy mum :-)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment