NOTE: With the limitations that Google placed on the data transferal process from G+, many comments were not retained. This archive is not intended as a complete archive, but for general reference only.
All images are hosted by their respective authors and may not show up within the "G+ Mentorship Program for Photographers" ARCHIVE, which imported text and image references only. More images may disappear over time, as their authors change or remove their hosting.
ALL IMAGES ARE COPYRIGHT OF THEIR RESPECTIVE AUTHORS AND NO RIGHT TO COPY, USE OR DISTRIBUTE IS IMPLIED BY YOUR ABILITY TO VIEW THE IMAGES IN THIS ARCHIVE.

"I had no idea this would be so much fun.

"I had no idea this would be so much fun. If you have to opportunity to try this mentorship or any of the others offered in the G+Mentorship Program for Photographers, sign up." Valerie Liney 

Wonderful images, Valerie, and thank you for sharing your thoughts about your time in Alex Lapidus's mentorship!

–––
For anyone who has read this far, consider mentoring someone else here (or more) ... some people don't even know where to start with their cameras and you could be the change they need in their lives. Even the smallest bit of knowledge can be passed on and you can create your mentorship in many different ways. Imagine the feeling of taking someone to their next level, paying forward the knowledge you've received and watching someone blossom with enthusiasm and accomplishment!

Originally shared by Valerie Liney

G+Mentorship Program for Photographers Public Plus Post Alex Lapidus Robin Griggs Wood 
Blurs and Unsharp Photography Guided Play 2015

Several weeks ago I was accepted into the G+ Mentorship Program for Photographers  mentorship with Alex Lapidus  
I have to say that, I had been aware of this particular mentorship from the creative public graduation posts done in 2014.  I told myself, that if there was an opportunity to participate, if it was offered again I would go for it.  How enticing it would be to tell stories with our photographs but use every tool in the creative toolbox to do it.  Being able to use blurs and take somewhat unsharp photos would be liberating.
 I am sure you have experienced this kind of photograph on the Google + stream and I bet you have asked “how has that photographer created it”.  

The mentorship was divided into sections as Unfocus, Panning, Rotation and Zooming, Longer Exposures and Multiple Exposures, Car trails, Star trails and motion in water or clouds.  The haunted house was fun. Composing with your feet took us into the realm of time lapse and then there was reflection blur. We learned techniques that were learned from former mentees and shared with us.  There was so many different and surprisingly creative ways to use apps on our mobile devices.  They could be quite addictive. Software and unique lenses further pulled out the creativeness.  I had no idea this would be so much fun.  
I hope that I have made you curious as to whether this is for you or not.  If you have to opportunity to try this mentorship or any of the others offered in the G+Mentorship Program for Photographers sign up. 

For now, have a look at some of the photos that I learned to create in this program. Thank you to all who gave their time and expertise to this program and to all the photographers that I have met in this experience.  I had a blast. 












Comments

Post a Comment