NOTE: With the limitations that Google placed on the data transferal process from G+, many comments were not retained. This archive is not intended as a complete archive, but for general reference only.
All images are hosted by their respective authors and may not show up within the "G+ Mentorship Program for Photographers" ARCHIVE, which imported text and image references only. More images may disappear over time, as their authors change or remove their hosting.
ALL IMAGES ARE COPYRIGHT OF THEIR RESPECTIVE AUTHORS AND NO RIGHT TO COPY, USE OR DISTRIBUTE IS IMPLIED BY YOUR ABILITY TO VIEW THE IMAGES IN THIS ARCHIVE.

"The last eight weeks have changed my outlook on photography in a big way.

"The last eight weeks have changed my outlook on photography in a big way. Now when I view potential subjects, sharpness is not always my first consideration. Blurred images can have a mind blowing impact!" Stephen Thackeray 

Well, these shots of yours from Alex Lapidus's mentorship are certainly mind-blowing, Stephen! Thanks for the great post, too!

–––
For anyone who has read this far, consider mentoring someone else here (or more) ... some people don't even know where to start with their cameras and you could be the change they need in their lives. Even the smallest bit of knowledge can be passed on and you can create your mentorship in many different ways. Imagine the feeling of taking someone to their next level, paying forward the knowledge you've received and watching someone blossom with enthusiasm and accomplishment!

Originally shared by ****

I have just spent an incredibly interesting and rewarding eight weeks completing the "Blurs And Un-Sharp Photography: Guided Play" mentorship run by Alex Lapidus . The mentorship forms part of the pay it forward initiative run by Robin Griggs Wood in the G+ Mentorship Program for Photographers .

I applied for a place in the mentorship primarily because my photography efforts so far have not strayed much beyond the search for razor sharp images. When I was accepted I was overjoyed, and a little nervous, as this would be something completely new to me.

The last eight weeks have changed my outlook on photography in a big way. Now when I view potential subjects, sharpness is not always my first consideration. Blurred images can have a mind blowing impact! I learned new techniques to manipulate my camera to produce blur. We learned how to produce "High Energy" and "Calming" images straight from camera or via photo manipulation software. Alex Lapidus was tireless in his support and encouragement, as were the rest of the crew. Fellow mentees were awesome in their skill and support - friendships made that will last!

Anyone considering applying for a place in the various mentorships should not hesitate - the is no more rewarding experience here on G+
I have now completed 3!!







Comments

  1. excellent artwork Stephen Thackeray

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful and diverse album of images and great post Stephen Thackeray  I love the enthusiasm I see as folks emerge from this mentorship.. it is so much more than the title implies :))

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment