NOTE: With the limitations that Google placed on the data transferal process from G+, many comments were not retained. This archive is not intended as a complete archive, but for general reference only.
All images are hosted by their respective authors and may not show up within the "G+ Mentorship Program for Photographers" ARCHIVE, which imported text and image references only. More images may disappear over time, as their authors change or remove their hosting.
ALL IMAGES ARE COPYRIGHT OF THEIR RESPECTIVE AUTHORS AND NO RIGHT TO COPY, USE OR DISTRIBUTE IS IMPLIED BY YOUR ABILITY TO VIEW THE IMAGES IN THIS ARCHIVE.

"It was more rewarding for me than I thought it could be. An absolutely 100% positive experience." Rebecca Johnson


"It was more rewarding for me than I thought it could be. An absolutely 100% positive experience." Rebecca Johnson 

Rebecca, thank you for sharing your thoughts and work from your time in the "Camera Basics: Beyond Automatic" mentorship! The fabulous group that periodically offers this mentorship through our program has our undying appreciation and gratitude and we are so glad you got so much out of it.

–––
For anyone who has read this far, consider mentoring someone else here (or more) ... some people don't even know where to start with their cameras and you could be the change they need in their lives. Even the smallest bit of knowledge can be passed on and you can create your mentorship in many different ways. Imagine the feeling of taking someone to their next level, paying forward the knowledge you've received and watching someone blossom with enthusiasm and accomplishment!

Originally shared by Rebecca Johnson


~ PlusPost! ~ 
Weeks Seven & Eight - My Journey
Camera Basics: Beyond Automatic Mentorship 2016
Lesson 8: Digital Footprints - Workflow

Well I, and my fellow mentees, have reached the end of the Camera Basics: Beyond Automatic Mentorship 2016. 
And what can I say? 
It was more rewarding for me than I thought it could be. An absolutely 100% positive experience. And, since I've only just begun writing my own "Declaration of Independence" from Auto Mode, thanks to this mentorship, my journey in this wonderful waltz we call Photography continues onward and upward. Happy Dance! \o/

The mentorship, at times, brought me to tears: tears of joy, that is, at the sense of confidence and accomplishment of being able to manually control and operate my DSLR, with it's multitude of settings and buttons, to understanding the Exposure Triangle (envisioning a delicate dance/faucet analogy), Metering (those lovely dips & fancy lifts), the Histogram (no clipping, please), Focus and Drive Modes (tell the story), using Flash (a light we can aim), and finally, Workflow (a work in progress), to protect my creations. 

Challenging? Yes! Overwhelming at times? Yes! 
Do I still use cheat sheets? Absolutely!
Worth it? A 1000% YES! Totally priceless!
It's been a super, well rounded mentorship for an amateur like myself, who simply loves photography. 

And, mentors, helpers, and mentees, I won't forget the great advice, gentle critiques, practical suggestions, bountiful encouraging words, AND tons of fun I've shared with you all these eight weeks! I've gathered you all together, creating a VIP Circle, so we can continue having fun and encouraging one another. ☺  

"See the light, and dance with it" has become my mantra. As you know, throughout this mentorship I've used dance analogies as a visual learning aid to help me grasp the photography concepts. And, it has served me well, as I'll never see 'light' as just 'light' again. It's mood, emotion, and ambience. It dances boldly or softly, and everywhere in between, drawing the viewer into the image. Light in photography is just as important as the subject and composition, as I can't tell the story or convey a message without it.   

Not only did I acquire photography and camera knowledge/skills, but I also discovered new inspirational friends who motivate me to get out, and stay out, of my photography comfort zone. For that, I will be eternally grateful. This G+ Mentorship Program for Photographers has opened up a whole new, global, world to me of wonderful, talented, giving photographers whom I can't thank enough. To each mentor, each helper, and each of my fellow mentees, from the depths my heart to yours, THANK YOU, for a truly extraordinary, rewarding experience! 

My only regret: Not pursuing my photography passion sooner, and consistently, earlier in my life. But, I can't focus on the past, and I can't live in regret. I must focus forward on Now and the Future, seizing the light of Today, and dance with it now like no one's watching. 
Happy light dancing!  ♥ \☺/ ♥ \☺/ ♥

#gplusmentorshipforphotographers #CBBA   
#camerabasics #beyondautomatic       
#ILovePhotography

Comments

  1. Congratulations Rebecca Johnson! Excellent image!

    ReplyDelete
  2. G+ Mentorship Program for Photographers, thank you so much for this most wonderful opportunity! I count it a true blessing! (Sorry for taking so long to respond. I've been so busy the last few weeks I haven't had time for any socializing here on Gplus.)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sakina Shikari, thanks so much! I'm very pleased you like it!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment