NOTE: With the limitations that Google placed on the data transferal process from G+, many comments were not retained. This archive is not intended as a complete archive, but for general reference only.
All images are hosted by their respective authors and may not show up within the "G+ Mentorship Program for Photographers" ARCHIVE, which imported text and image references only. More images may disappear over time, as their authors change or remove their hosting.
ALL IMAGES ARE COPYRIGHT OF THEIR RESPECTIVE AUTHORS AND NO RIGHT TO COPY, USE OR DISTRIBUTE IS IMPLIED BY YOUR ABILITY TO VIEW THE IMAGES IN THIS ARCHIVE.

"I whole-heartedly recommend this mentorship for anyone who would like to take more memorable images.

"I whole-heartedly recommend this mentorship for anyone who would like to take more memorable images." ~ cobalt please 

Thank you for sharing your thoughts and work from your time in Lauri Novak's "How Do You See?" mentorship!

–––
For anyone who has read this far, consider mentoring someone else here (or more) ... some people don't even know where to start with their cameras and you could be the change they need in their lives. Even the smallest bit of knowledge can be passed on and you can create your mentorship in many different ways. Imagine the feeling of taking someone to their next level, paying forward the knowledge you've received and watching someone blossom with enthusiasm and accomplishment!

Originally shared by cobalt please

Plus Post for Week 6 and Final Plus Post for
How Do You See? Mentorship with Lauri Novak

A fun little set of photos I took during the mentorship program from April and May this Spring, shared as a final set for the mentors and mentees. One of the nice things I discovered in this guided program was "how I ACTUALLY see"! One may think you are already very aware of what catches your eye and how you prefer to interpret what you see. But it can be different when you see through a more objective point of view that is suggested by others. I whole-heartedly recommend this mentorship for anyone who would like to take more memorable images. You don't need to have a fancy camera or photo editing software when your purpose is to explore your own visions.

Most of these images are not edited, as was requested during the weekly exercises. Each represents a central goal to envision. The themes for each week were different and the challenges got harder as we went along. I found out that I have a far stronger preference for complex compositions than I had realized. I learned that I am often so deeply thinking through what I am composing that I have missed something just waiting there for me to notice! And I enjoyed the very happy accidents where I intended to photograph a subject and instead something entirely different became my joyful capture. Also those very abstract images are important to me, images that "are not ME" yet, guess what, they are me, as well.

The first photo I have shared in this series is a happy accident when I found out 700 images were just about ruined due to a serious problem with my main camera. The next morning I went out with my second best camera and my biggest lens and found water droplets glinting and shining with rainbows and patterns in the early morning. The last image I share is from random photos I took outside a medical building where there are some heavy industrial pipes and valves get-up caged. When I stopped and slowed down to stare at that metal cage, I saw even more "there" THERE! It's a big file, rather YUGE, and you may like to zoom in on the first photo and the last photo in this set.

If you follow me on Google+ you will be seeing many images I will share over the coming months, but this time I will have the luxury of editing them as I bring what I saw out more fully to be as I envisioned. Believe me, you have not seen but a tiny fraction of what I have been working on for several months now as I have been a mentee. Thank you very much, +Lauri Novak , for this mentorship and thanks as well to everyone who assisted Lauri as a helper or cheerleader! I so appreciate meeting and getting to know all my fellow mentees. It is just such an exciting thing to see other people along with you meeting the challenges and seeing some remarkable breakthrough photography. Hear hear to our leaders with thanks also to Robin Griggs Wood Ron Clifford  and Alex Lapidus  for all your work with the G+ Mentorship Program for Photographers  !

#howdoyousee   #howdoyousee6 #pluspost6






Comments

  1. John I always always think of you immediately when I see a mentorship announced. I had previously also thought of BobbieZen the same way and she suddenly took the plunge in April and flourished!

    ReplyDelete
  2. She certainly has! Thanks for thinking of me. I'm at a time when I finally get to explore passions and interests aside from school and work. It's exciting as part of me has been on hold for years.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is indeed a great write up and I'm so happy to have seen it shared in this forum! cobalt please, you have been such an encouraging, kind, sharing person and I am so grateful for the gentle nudges and the help you've offered along the way.
    Thanks for always being in my corner!!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment