"I have now so many new tools in my toolbox to use, that from now on it really is only my imagination that is the...
"I have now so many new tools in my toolbox to use, that from now on it really is only my imagination that is the limit ... quoting Alex: 'There are so many ways to create, once we understand what we’re trying to accomplish'." Mari Luukkonen
Such great work, Mari, and thank you for sharing this post about your time in Alex Lapidus's mentorship ... :o)
–––
For anyone who has read this far, consider mentoring someone else here (or more) ... some people don't even know where to start with their cameras and you could be the change they need in their lives. Even the smallest bit of knowledge can be passed on and you can create your mentorship in many different ways. Imagine the feeling of taking someone to their next level, paying forward the knowledge you've received and watching someone blossom with enthusiasm and accomplishment!
Originally shared by ****
Graduation Post - The End of the Beginning
Like after any good joyride, I feel a little empty and my mind is blank - or should I say blurred!
I was one of the lucky and happy ones who got to take part in mentorship called Blurs and Unsharp Photography: Guided Play 2015 lead by awesome Alex Lapidus . And I really mean awesome, since the time and dedication he showed to all of us in the group, be it the lesson posts or feedback for our work, was truly amazing.
Alex had chosen this quote from Israelmore Ayivor to inspire us: “To dream" means to focus and zoom the photos of destiny called visions for clearer view, manipulation and exploitation.” And that is exactly what these past 8 weeks turned out to be for me. Alex said himself he hoped he offered us, not just some photographic techniques, but a bit of artistic freedom. I can assure you that he did! I have now so many new tools in my toolbox to use, that from now on it really is only my imagination that is the limit :) Again quoting Alex: ”There are so many ways to create, once we understand what we’re trying to accomplish”.
Now I know how to get that blurred background, or just a blurred subject. Or how to make an abstract with so many type of intentional camera movement, or create some surreal scenes with multiple exposures. Or what toys I can use to get some amazing effects and how to make them all combine to create the mood I’m after. What I am especially happy about this mentorship is, that these techniques gave me back my inspiration to shoot landscapes, as I felt I was able to create the ’mindscapes’ I see in my mind when looking a scene.
So once again, thank you so much Alex Lapidus for being so great, and thank you crew members, especially you Heiko Mahr for your wonderful and inspiring articles and you Rosie Nixon for introducing the Pep Ventosa style :)
And of course this mentorship would not have been possible without the wonderful Robin Griggs Wood and G+ Mentorship Program for Photographers. This was my second mentorship and I truly recommend these for everyone who are keen to learn.
And last but definitely not least - thank you all my fellow mentees! It was my pleasure to work with you and admire and be inspired by your work for these 8 weeks. I have you all in my circles now, so I cab continue to be inspired :))
Here is my graduation album with few of my favourite shots shot for the weekly assignments and representing different techniques. I must warn you, that you will definitely see some more of these in future too! :D














Such great work, Mari, and thank you for sharing this post about your time in Alex Lapidus's mentorship ... :o)
–––
For anyone who has read this far, consider mentoring someone else here (or more) ... some people don't even know where to start with their cameras and you could be the change they need in their lives. Even the smallest bit of knowledge can be passed on and you can create your mentorship in many different ways. Imagine the feeling of taking someone to their next level, paying forward the knowledge you've received and watching someone blossom with enthusiasm and accomplishment!
Originally shared by ****
Graduation Post - The End of the Beginning
Like after any good joyride, I feel a little empty and my mind is blank - or should I say blurred!
I was one of the lucky and happy ones who got to take part in mentorship called Blurs and Unsharp Photography: Guided Play 2015 lead by awesome Alex Lapidus . And I really mean awesome, since the time and dedication he showed to all of us in the group, be it the lesson posts or feedback for our work, was truly amazing.
Alex had chosen this quote from Israelmore Ayivor to inspire us: “To dream" means to focus and zoom the photos of destiny called visions for clearer view, manipulation and exploitation.” And that is exactly what these past 8 weeks turned out to be for me. Alex said himself he hoped he offered us, not just some photographic techniques, but a bit of artistic freedom. I can assure you that he did! I have now so many new tools in my toolbox to use, that from now on it really is only my imagination that is the limit :) Again quoting Alex: ”There are so many ways to create, once we understand what we’re trying to accomplish”.
Now I know how to get that blurred background, or just a blurred subject. Or how to make an abstract with so many type of intentional camera movement, or create some surreal scenes with multiple exposures. Or what toys I can use to get some amazing effects and how to make them all combine to create the mood I’m after. What I am especially happy about this mentorship is, that these techniques gave me back my inspiration to shoot landscapes, as I felt I was able to create the ’mindscapes’ I see in my mind when looking a scene.
So once again, thank you so much Alex Lapidus for being so great, and thank you crew members, especially you Heiko Mahr for your wonderful and inspiring articles and you Rosie Nixon for introducing the Pep Ventosa style :)
And of course this mentorship would not have been possible without the wonderful Robin Griggs Wood and G+ Mentorship Program for Photographers. This was my second mentorship and I truly recommend these for everyone who are keen to learn.
And last but definitely not least - thank you all my fellow mentees! It was my pleasure to work with you and admire and be inspired by your work for these 8 weeks. I have you all in my circles now, so I cab continue to be inspired :))
Here is my graduation album with few of my favourite shots shot for the weekly assignments and representing different techniques. I must warn you, that you will definitely see some more of these in future too! :D














Congrats Mari Luukkonen , such lovely artwork in your album!
ReplyDeleteCongratulations!
ReplyDeleteSo beautiful. Love your work and so glad we got to meet during this mentorship!
ReplyDelete