"Before this mentorship I admired from afar blurry photography, having no knowledge of how to achieve it.
"Before this mentorship I admired from afar blurry photography, having no knowledge of how to achieve it. That has changed ... I reached into the 'toy box' ... allowing me artistic freedom I never imaged possible. Blurry photography enables me to put what I am feeling and seeing into my photographs." Jennifer Walton
Such a great album, Jennifer, and thank you so much for sharing a bit about your time in Alex Lapidus's mentorship.
–––
For anyone who has read this far, consider mentoring someone else here (or more) ... some people don't even know where to start with their cameras and you could be the change they need in their lives. Even the smallest bit of knowledge can be passed on and you can create your mentorship in many different ways. Imagine the feeling of taking someone to their next level, paying forward the knowledge you've received and watching someone blossom with enthusiasm and accomplishment!
Originally shared by Jennifer Walton
I have just finished an 8 week mentorship with the G+ Mentorship Program for Photographers run by Robin Griggs Wood into the world of blurs in the Blurs & Unsharp Photography: Guided Play 2015 lead by the amazing Alex Lapidus.
Before this mentorship I admired from afar blurry photography, having no knowledge of how to achieve it. That has changed, in the mentorship I learned how to deliberately move the camera around, up, down and sideways. Then there was the ghosts, light trails, post processing to get blur and my favourite, shooting in the Pep Ventosa style. I reached into the 'toy box' shooting through plastic, vasoline on glass, wineglasses, fisheyes, lens babies and free lensing allowing me artistic freedom I never imaged possible. Blurry photography enables me to put what I am feeling and seeing into my photographs.
So, if any of the mentorships offered here on G+ catch your fancy sign up. This community atmosphere with other mentees and lead by a fearless mentor is a safe, encouraging and supportive platform to play and learn in.
Thank you Alex Lapidus and your wonderful crew of helpers for making my 8 weeks a monumental turning point for my photography.







Such a great album, Jennifer, and thank you so much for sharing a bit about your time in Alex Lapidus's mentorship.
–––
For anyone who has read this far, consider mentoring someone else here (or more) ... some people don't even know where to start with their cameras and you could be the change they need in their lives. Even the smallest bit of knowledge can be passed on and you can create your mentorship in many different ways. Imagine the feeling of taking someone to their next level, paying forward the knowledge you've received and watching someone blossom with enthusiasm and accomplishment!
Originally shared by Jennifer Walton
I have just finished an 8 week mentorship with the G+ Mentorship Program for Photographers run by Robin Griggs Wood into the world of blurs in the Blurs & Unsharp Photography: Guided Play 2015 lead by the amazing Alex Lapidus.
Before this mentorship I admired from afar blurry photography, having no knowledge of how to achieve it. That has changed, in the mentorship I learned how to deliberately move the camera around, up, down and sideways. Then there was the ghosts, light trails, post processing to get blur and my favourite, shooting in the Pep Ventosa style. I reached into the 'toy box' shooting through plastic, vasoline on glass, wineglasses, fisheyes, lens babies and free lensing allowing me artistic freedom I never imaged possible. Blurry photography enables me to put what I am feeling and seeing into my photographs.
So, if any of the mentorships offered here on G+ catch your fancy sign up. This community atmosphere with other mentees and lead by a fearless mentor is a safe, encouraging and supportive platform to play and learn in.
Thank you Alex Lapidus and your wonderful crew of helpers for making my 8 weeks a monumental turning point for my photography.







Gloria Joanne Roldan Samantha OBrien FotoAgnieszka Ambro Sandra Nesbit thank you and I enjoyed our time together during the mentorship, hope it continues.
ReplyDeleteRed Caldwell thank you, watch for the next mentorship posting. It was so awesome and made some fantastic friends.
Great album, congratulations!
ReplyDeleteLinda Villers Barbara BM thank you very much
ReplyDelete