"By virtue of the tools, time, talent and genuine compassion we have received in this program, we are challenged to...
"By virtue of the tools, time, talent and genuine compassion we have received in this program, we are challenged to use photography to speak our voice into the world. This isn’t a challenge to become Ansel Adams; but to speak in whatever way we can, how ever often we can, to whomever happens to be there. I believe that if we do so, we will receive the additional gift of being able to watch ourselves, and those we bring with us on the journey, come alive." ~ Sandra Nesbit
Stellar work and amazing post, Sandra ... thank you for sharing all of this from your time in Alex Lapidus' mentorship!
–––
For anyone who has read this far, consider mentoring someone else here (or more) ... some people don't even know where to start with their cameras and you could be the change they need in their lives. Even the smallest bit of knowledge can be passed on and you can create your mentorship in many different ways. Imagine the feeling of taking someone to their next level, paying forward the knowledge you've received and watching someone blossom with enthusiasm and accomplishment!
Originally shared by Sandra Nesbit
Wk8: PlusPost – The End of the Beginning
Eight weeks have passed, and with the publication of this post the Blurs and Unsharp Photography Mentorship offered by Alex Lapidus will officially be over. I’m saddened by that. And yet, because of the remarkable quality of both content and community, I know this moment to be, not an ending, but a beginning. Or, as Alex put it, “The End of the Beginning.” This mentorship, and the title of week eight, beg a few questions:
If, through this (or any) training, we have been given agency to share the voice of our inner artist, what responsibility comes with that agency?
If we have been blessed with a passion for photography (or anything else), what responsibility comes with that passion?
What, in fact, are we beginning? And, what do beginnings, agency, passion, and responsibility have to do with each other?
I believe it is simply this: By virtue of the tools, time, talent and genuine compassion we have received in this program, we are challenged to use photography to speak our voice into the world. This isn’t a challenge to become Ansel Adams; but to speak in whatever way we can, how ever often we can, to whomever happens to be there. I believe that if we do so, we will receive the additional gift of being able to watch ourselves, and those we bring with us on the journey, come alive.
I have a favorite quote that I probably repeat too often, but here goes: “Don’t ask what the world needs. Ask instead, what makes you come alive. Then go do it. For what the world needs is people who have come alive.” Howard Thurman
The attached album is one wee small voice. But it’s mine. The images all came out of this mentorship experience. I hope you enjoy it. And I hope you’ll consider a G+ Photographic Mentorship program one day.
Alex Lapidus whose skill is surpassed only by his patience and enthusiasm.
Robin Griggs Wood who is the founder of the G+ Mentorship Program for Photographers that does so much for so many.









Stellar work and amazing post, Sandra ... thank you for sharing all of this from your time in Alex Lapidus' mentorship!
–––
For anyone who has read this far, consider mentoring someone else here (or more) ... some people don't even know where to start with their cameras and you could be the change they need in their lives. Even the smallest bit of knowledge can be passed on and you can create your mentorship in many different ways. Imagine the feeling of taking someone to their next level, paying forward the knowledge you've received and watching someone blossom with enthusiasm and accomplishment!
Originally shared by Sandra Nesbit
Wk8: PlusPost – The End of the Beginning
Eight weeks have passed, and with the publication of this post the Blurs and Unsharp Photography Mentorship offered by Alex Lapidus will officially be over. I’m saddened by that. And yet, because of the remarkable quality of both content and community, I know this moment to be, not an ending, but a beginning. Or, as Alex put it, “The End of the Beginning.” This mentorship, and the title of week eight, beg a few questions:
If, through this (or any) training, we have been given agency to share the voice of our inner artist, what responsibility comes with that agency?
If we have been blessed with a passion for photography (or anything else), what responsibility comes with that passion?
What, in fact, are we beginning? And, what do beginnings, agency, passion, and responsibility have to do with each other?
I believe it is simply this: By virtue of the tools, time, talent and genuine compassion we have received in this program, we are challenged to use photography to speak our voice into the world. This isn’t a challenge to become Ansel Adams; but to speak in whatever way we can, how ever often we can, to whomever happens to be there. I believe that if we do so, we will receive the additional gift of being able to watch ourselves, and those we bring with us on the journey, come alive.
I have a favorite quote that I probably repeat too often, but here goes: “Don’t ask what the world needs. Ask instead, what makes you come alive. Then go do it. For what the world needs is people who have come alive.” Howard Thurman
The attached album is one wee small voice. But it’s mine. The images all came out of this mentorship experience. I hope you enjoy it. And I hope you’ll consider a G+ Photographic Mentorship program one day.
Alex Lapidus whose skill is surpassed only by his patience and enthusiasm.
Robin Griggs Wood who is the founder of the G+ Mentorship Program for Photographers that does so much for so many.









Thanks so much Jennifer Walton , Robin Cohen , and Diana Boyd . The mentorship, everything about it and all the people in it were/are a joy!
ReplyDeleteGreat post and beautiful photos Sandra Nesbit !
ReplyDeleteThanks so much Beena R
ReplyDelete