NOTE: With the limitations that Google placed on the data transferal process from G+, many comments were not retained. This archive is not intended as a complete archive, but for general reference only.
All images are hosted by their respective authors and may not show up within the "G+ Mentorship Program for Photographers" ARCHIVE, which imported text and image references only. More images may disappear over time, as their authors change or remove their hosting.
ALL IMAGES ARE COPYRIGHT OF THEIR RESPECTIVE AUTHORS AND NO RIGHT TO COPY, USE OR DISTRIBUTE IS IMPLIED BY YOUR ABILITY TO VIEW THE IMAGES IN THIS ARCHIVE.

"I am surprised and very pleased at the unexpected ways my vision and photography has grown during these 8 weeks.

"I am surprised and very pleased at the unexpected ways my vision and photography has grown during these 8 weeks." ~ Rachael Switalski

Awesome images, Rachael!! Thank you so much for sharing your thoughts and great work from your time in teresa pilcher's "Finding Your Vision" mentorship!

–––
For anyone who has read this far, consider mentoring someone else here (or more) ... some people don't even know where to start with their cameras and you could be the change they need in their lives. Even the smallest bit of knowledge can be passed on and you can create your mentorship in many different ways. Imagine the feeling of taking someone to their next level, paying forward the knowledge you've received and watching someone blossom with enthusiasm and accomplishment! Find out how you can get that feeling for yourself herehttps://drive.google.com/file/d/0B2AGAbjLwjUcY0ZiNHlHY2FoNlU/view?usp=sharing

Originally shared by Rachael Switalski

Finding Your Vision Graduation Plus Post #pluspost

First and foremost I would like to apologize to my fellow mentees as well as our amazing teacher teresa pilcher for falling off the face of the earth for the last week. Life happens, it's a reality, but I wasn't able to contribute effectively to the final week and I am sorry that I missed that.

What I learned in this mentorship was of course not at all what I thought I would learn. I learned about the expected things, types of composition to consider, different types of light to look for and use in my photos, thinking about motion, background selection, etc, etc. But my takeaway was that what I am truly looking for in street photography are moments. Stolen moments of time, in which a glance, a hand gesture, some frozen congruity of events that tells a story. This should not surprise me, and I'm sure doesn't surprise those who know me well, I am ever on the search for stories. Thank you teresa pilcher for pushing us all to search for our internal vision through the structure of street photography. I am surprised and very pleased at the unexpected ways my vision and photography has grown during these 8 weeks.

For all the support, encouragement, and knowledge that was shared among the group, thank you to my fellow mentees Françoise Dhulesia Jenn Camforth Chris Sutton Piotr Edelman Janusz Bednarski Jane Levine Diana Brown Stephanie Cassiday-Krueger Nicole Ina Michel Kimmetal Smith Angelo Gifford Heiko Mahr Lena Konstantinova Caleb Asch Enrique Barreiro Alonso Rita Zietsma Jeffrey Heidrick Kitten KaboodleInc Gernot Glaeser Paco TeGe Agnieszka Ambroszczyk Mitch Garcia Stefano Ruzzini and for their support along with Rich Barbara and Karolina Trapp

And ever and always the G+ Mentorship Program for Photographers, Robin Griggs Wood (my amazetabulous mentor) and Alex Lapidus for making these truly wonderful, free mentorships and online learning experiences possible.

With no more ado, here is my graduation album. Enjoy.






Comments

Post a Comment