"Everyone of the members of this group grew their photography this last eight weeks.
"Everyone of the members of this group grew their photography this last eight weeks. I was so proud to be part of this 30+ member group and when the time came to look at all we had accomplished I was blown away. I can’t wait for another opportunity" ~ Bill Hewitt
Thanks, Bill, for sharing your experiences from the recent Blurs and Unsharp Photography: Guided Play 2016 program with Alex Lapidus!
–––
For anyone who has read this far, consider mentoring someone else here (or more) ... some people don't even know where to start with their cameras and you could be the change they need in their lives. Even the smallest bit of knowledge can be passed on and you can create your mentorship in many different ways. Imagine the feeling of taking someone to their next level, paying forward the knowledge you've received and watching someone blossom with enthusiasm and accomplishment!
Originally shared by Bill Hewitt
Each of us a photographers have our good days and bad. We have days where we get excited about what we are shooting and other days where we don’t have anything on our agenda. We sit at home and wonder what shall I go out and shoot.
Well along comes something called G+ Mentorship Program for Photographers, and for the next eight weeks I am part of a group of photographers having the time of our lives. This one I just finished was entitled Blurs and Unsharp Photography: Guided Play 2016. We broke all the rules. The only rule was go out and shoot. Go out and do anything you want to make images that for the most part become art. There are guidelines to be followed. Alex Lapidus was our fearless leader, he along with previous members acting as moderators have encouraged us to twist that zoom lens , twist the camera. Slow down the shutter. use filters and menus in Photoshop we have only dreamed of.
Some participants knew or have used some of these techniques, and others struggled to get it, but you could see the excitement when they did accomplish something that was outside the rules they have been following in photography.
Everyone of the members of this group grew their photography this last eight weeks. I was so proud to be part of this 30+ member group and when the time came to look at all we had accomplished I was blown away. I can’t wait for another opportunity. To put it in perspective here are some of the photographs I shared..









Thanks, Bill, for sharing your experiences from the recent Blurs and Unsharp Photography: Guided Play 2016 program with Alex Lapidus!
–––
For anyone who has read this far, consider mentoring someone else here (or more) ... some people don't even know where to start with their cameras and you could be the change they need in their lives. Even the smallest bit of knowledge can be passed on and you can create your mentorship in many different ways. Imagine the feeling of taking someone to their next level, paying forward the knowledge you've received and watching someone blossom with enthusiasm and accomplishment!
Originally shared by Bill Hewitt
Each of us a photographers have our good days and bad. We have days where we get excited about what we are shooting and other days where we don’t have anything on our agenda. We sit at home and wonder what shall I go out and shoot.
Well along comes something called G+ Mentorship Program for Photographers, and for the next eight weeks I am part of a group of photographers having the time of our lives. This one I just finished was entitled Blurs and Unsharp Photography: Guided Play 2016. We broke all the rules. The only rule was go out and shoot. Go out and do anything you want to make images that for the most part become art. There are guidelines to be followed. Alex Lapidus was our fearless leader, he along with previous members acting as moderators have encouraged us to twist that zoom lens , twist the camera. Slow down the shutter. use filters and menus in Photoshop we have only dreamed of.
Some participants knew or have used some of these techniques, and others struggled to get it, but you could see the excitement when they did accomplish something that was outside the rules they have been following in photography.
Everyone of the members of this group grew their photography this last eight weeks. I was so proud to be part of this 30+ member group and when the time came to look at all we had accomplished I was blown away. I can’t wait for another opportunity. To put it in perspective here are some of the photographs I shared..









Wonderful words, fabulous images and growing friendship.... Thank you Bill Hewitt for sharing so much of yourself!!! You shine!! :))
ReplyDeleteDefinitely love to have your help Bill Hewitt!
ReplyDeleteThe ferry wheel one (album cover) is one of my favorites in all of our blurs :)) Bill Hewitt
ReplyDelete