".
"... I have been trying to use these tools in ways that still make me feel like myself. In particular I enjoyed adding items in front of the lens that would act as a frame around a portrait. There were three main things that were a revelation to me (meaning that I had not really explore on my own much before now)..." -- Sam Breach
Thanks, Sam, for sharing your experiences from the recent Blurs and Unsharp Photography: Guided Play 2016 program with Alex Lapidus!
–––
For anyone who has read this far, consider mentoring someone else here (or more) ... some people don't even know where to start with their cameras and you could be the change they need in their lives. Even the smallest bit of knowledge can be passed on and you can create your mentorship in many different ways. Imagine the feeling of taking someone to their next level, paying forward the knowledge you've received and watching someone blossom with enthusiasm and accomplishment!
Originally shared by Sam Breach
I just finished participating in the Blurs and Unsharp Photography: Guided Play 2016 Mentorship program hosted by Alex Lapidus and his incredible team of supporters from the G+ Mentorship Program for Photographers . As well as thanking them for all the lessons and encouragement, I'd like to share a little about the course has affected me, personally.
I like to shoot portraits and I have where possible tried the techniques within the context of portraiture. I already have my own style (also known as my own stubborn way of doing things), so personally it is difficult for me to let go of all the things I have worked so hard to develop over the years. Instead I have been trying to use these tools in ways that still make me feel like myself. In particular I enjoyed adding items in front of the lens that would act as a frame around a portrait. There were three main things that were a revelation to me (meaning that I had not really explore on my own much before now):
1) To create a portrait that is fully out of focus
2) The techniques on Pep Ventosa
3) Multiple exposure in camera.
Of these three, I particularly enjoyed the multiple exposure in camera play. I know that it is possible to do in a composite, and I am no stranger to compositing but there is something so much more viscerally satisfying about doing it on the fly.
From time to time I go on photo walks with friends, but given that I am not a street photographer, I don't usually enjoy the photography part of them much. However, I think with these new tools that Alex has opened my mind to, I might be able to have some exploratory fun on future walks, even if I don't have a willing model at my disposal...
Robin Griggs Wood





Thanks, Sam, for sharing your experiences from the recent Blurs and Unsharp Photography: Guided Play 2016 program with Alex Lapidus!
–––
For anyone who has read this far, consider mentoring someone else here (or more) ... some people don't even know where to start with their cameras and you could be the change they need in their lives. Even the smallest bit of knowledge can be passed on and you can create your mentorship in many different ways. Imagine the feeling of taking someone to their next level, paying forward the knowledge you've received and watching someone blossom with enthusiasm and accomplishment!
Originally shared by Sam Breach
I just finished participating in the Blurs and Unsharp Photography: Guided Play 2016 Mentorship program hosted by Alex Lapidus and his incredible team of supporters from the G+ Mentorship Program for Photographers . As well as thanking them for all the lessons and encouragement, I'd like to share a little about the course has affected me, personally.
I like to shoot portraits and I have where possible tried the techniques within the context of portraiture. I already have my own style (also known as my own stubborn way of doing things), so personally it is difficult for me to let go of all the things I have worked so hard to develop over the years. Instead I have been trying to use these tools in ways that still make me feel like myself. In particular I enjoyed adding items in front of the lens that would act as a frame around a portrait. There were three main things that were a revelation to me (meaning that I had not really explore on my own much before now):
1) To create a portrait that is fully out of focus
2) The techniques on Pep Ventosa
3) Multiple exposure in camera.
Of these three, I particularly enjoyed the multiple exposure in camera play. I know that it is possible to do in a composite, and I am no stranger to compositing but there is something so much more viscerally satisfying about doing it on the fly.
From time to time I go on photo walks with friends, but given that I am not a street photographer, I don't usually enjoy the photography part of them much. However, I think with these new tools that Alex has opened my mind to, I might be able to have some exploratory fun on future walks, even if I don't have a willing model at my disposal...
Robin Griggs Wood





Great set of images here. Congratulations on mastering the blur
ReplyDeleteI love your album Sam Breach . There's something mystic about it. Congratulations on a great body of work.
ReplyDeleteWonderful to see how you have added to your style so beautifully Sam Breach. You are truly an artist! Super album!!!
ReplyDelete