"I have attended several courses over the last few years, but nothing has been as productive and personally so...
"I have attended several courses over the last few years, but nothing has been as productive and personally so satisfying as this mentorship." ~ Enrique Barreiro Alonso
Wow, that's awesome, Enrique!! We're glad to hear it! Thank you so much for sharing your thoughts and great work from your time in teresa pilcher's "Finding Your Vision" mentorship!
–––
For anyone who has read this far, consider mentoring someone else here (or more) ... some people don't even know where to start with their cameras and you could be the change they need in their lives. Even the smallest bit of knowledge can be passed on and you can create your mentorship in many different ways. Imagine the feeling of taking someone to their next level, paying forward the knowledge you've received and watching someone blossom with enthusiasm and accomplishment! Find out how you can get that feeling for yourself here → https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B2AGAbjLwjUcY0ZiNHlHY2FoNlU/view?usp=sharing
Originally shared by Enrique Barreiro
Final Plus Post +++ #FYV2017
G+ Mentorship Program for Photographers
After these eight weeks I feel that there is clearly a before and after in my way of doing street photography. Reading and viewing photos of good photographers is fundamental, but it is of little value if you do not go out on the street doing one photo after another. This is what I used to do before starting this mentorship, and it's the same thing I do now ... with a big difference: now I'm looking for a purpose, I try to think more and shoot less. More fishing and less hunting, so to speak. Of course I still enjoy it enormously when I can capture an image on the fly, without thinking. But now, after these eight weeks, I have also learned to enjoy other aspects.
I have learned the importance of having the patience to think the photo in advance, find a stage and wait patiently for the actors to arrive. Getting used to staying for long minutes in the same place waiting for that scene I had imagined was not easy for me at the beginning. Something in my head told me that a little further I was missing some good picture, that I had to move, that I was wasting time there. In fact, I often did not get the photo, or when I got it, it did not turn out to be as interesting as I had imagined it. But when I have achieved it I have always felt a fantastic sense of success and reward.
It was not easy, but I really enjoyed the search for tension or capturing blurred photos, something that I had not worked deliberately until now. They are great resources that I love to have incorporated into my toolbox, and in which I will keep trying to improve my skills. In a few days I will travel to the United States for the first time, where I will be three weeks, and I think the time I can dedicate to photograph the street will be a great opportunity to test everything I have learned in this mentorship, and make the most of this trip.
I have attended several courses over the last few years, but nothing has been as productive and personally so satisfying as this mentorship. I think I'll never thank teresa pilcher enough to accept me in this program, her effort and her dedication, as well as that of the other mentors, Karolina Trapp, Rich Barbara, Alex Lapidus, Heiko Mahr and Robin Griggs Wood
And of course, the whole effort of the mentors would not have been enough without the incredible involvement of my mentorship colleagues. Really, thank you very much everyone for your thoughts and feedback, for making me enjoy your vision and images, for your contagious enthusiasm. I sincerely hope to enjoy again your talent, your company and your photos in future programs as fantastic as this one. My best regards for all of you.
https://goo.gl/photos/qkUd5o8GW94z5edk9
Wow, that's awesome, Enrique!! We're glad to hear it! Thank you so much for sharing your thoughts and great work from your time in teresa pilcher's "Finding Your Vision" mentorship!
–––
For anyone who has read this far, consider mentoring someone else here (or more) ... some people don't even know where to start with their cameras and you could be the change they need in their lives. Even the smallest bit of knowledge can be passed on and you can create your mentorship in many different ways. Imagine the feeling of taking someone to their next level, paying forward the knowledge you've received and watching someone blossom with enthusiasm and accomplishment! Find out how you can get that feeling for yourself here → https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B2AGAbjLwjUcY0ZiNHlHY2FoNlU/view?usp=sharing
Originally shared by Enrique Barreiro
Final Plus Post +++ #FYV2017
G+ Mentorship Program for Photographers
After these eight weeks I feel that there is clearly a before and after in my way of doing street photography. Reading and viewing photos of good photographers is fundamental, but it is of little value if you do not go out on the street doing one photo after another. This is what I used to do before starting this mentorship, and it's the same thing I do now ... with a big difference: now I'm looking for a purpose, I try to think more and shoot less. More fishing and less hunting, so to speak. Of course I still enjoy it enormously when I can capture an image on the fly, without thinking. But now, after these eight weeks, I have also learned to enjoy other aspects.
I have learned the importance of having the patience to think the photo in advance, find a stage and wait patiently for the actors to arrive. Getting used to staying for long minutes in the same place waiting for that scene I had imagined was not easy for me at the beginning. Something in my head told me that a little further I was missing some good picture, that I had to move, that I was wasting time there. In fact, I often did not get the photo, or when I got it, it did not turn out to be as interesting as I had imagined it. But when I have achieved it I have always felt a fantastic sense of success and reward.
It was not easy, but I really enjoyed the search for tension or capturing blurred photos, something that I had not worked deliberately until now. They are great resources that I love to have incorporated into my toolbox, and in which I will keep trying to improve my skills. In a few days I will travel to the United States for the first time, where I will be three weeks, and I think the time I can dedicate to photograph the street will be a great opportunity to test everything I have learned in this mentorship, and make the most of this trip.
I have attended several courses over the last few years, but nothing has been as productive and personally so satisfying as this mentorship. I think I'll never thank teresa pilcher enough to accept me in this program, her effort and her dedication, as well as that of the other mentors, Karolina Trapp, Rich Barbara, Alex Lapidus, Heiko Mahr and Robin Griggs Wood
And of course, the whole effort of the mentors would not have been enough without the incredible involvement of my mentorship colleagues. Really, thank you very much everyone for your thoughts and feedback, for making me enjoy your vision and images, for your contagious enthusiasm. I sincerely hope to enjoy again your talent, your company and your photos in future programs as fantastic as this one. My best regards for all of you.
https://goo.gl/photos/qkUd5o8GW94z5edk9
teresa pilcher Thank you for your words and for your great support and the oportunity you gave me. I have learned a lot and enjoyed very much!!
ReplyDeleteEnrique Barreiro Alonso Thank you for your kind words. It means a lot to me. ;)
ReplyDeleteZs 6
ReplyDelete