"my understanding of what I’m trying to achieve has evolved, and with that comes a different way to see and...
"my understanding of what I’m trying to achieve has evolved, and with that comes a different way to see and photograph the world. ... every time I pick up the camera now the process is different, what I see is different." ~ Chris Sutton
Such great images, Chris, and WOW that woman in a red dress shot! ... ;oD. Thank you so much for sharing your thoughts and great work from your time in teresa pilcher's "Finding Your Vision" mentorship!
–––
For anyone who has read this far, consider mentoring someone else here (or more) ... some people don't even know where to start with their cameras and you could be the change they need in their lives. Even the smallest bit of knowledge can be passed on and you can create your mentorship in many different ways. Imagine the feeling of taking someone to their next level, paying forward the knowledge you've received and watching someone blossom with enthusiasm and accomplishment! Find out how you can get that feeling for yourself here → https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B2AGAbjLwjUcY0ZiNHlHY2FoNlU/view?usp=sharing
Originally shared by Chris Sutton
Finding Your Vision Mentorship 2017 - Final Album
Sadly, the eight weeks of this mentorship have passed by all too quickly. But what a ride we had, striving to perfect our technique yes, but more importantly, understanding how we can use some newly gained skills to better express our thoughts and understanding of the world around us. That understanding and view of our world is precisely what helps to define how we can create unique photographs.
Is my vision complete? It probably never will be, like everyone else I inevitably change as the world changes around me. However, my understanding of what I’m trying to achieve has evolved, and with that comes a different way to see and photograph the world. That’s not just in street photography either, every time I pick up the camera now the process is different, what I see is different.
In street photography, the surprise for me is that I’ve changed from a distant observer to an engager (shock horror, introvert talks to somebody :) ). That engagement ranges from a shared glance to hours long conversations, and not surprisingly the photographs reflect that engagement. For me that’s been the missing link, bog ordinary photographs of somebody walking down a street don’t fit my vision, what I do want to express is how people live in the modern urban environment, how they interact with spaces, people around them, good architecture and bad. I know I’m not there yet, but I’m sure on my way.
How did this happen? Well it wouldn’t have happened without the amazing program G+ Mentorship Program for Photographers, the patient guidance of our mentor, teresa pilcher and the constant presence of directors ,Alex Lapidus and Robin Griggs Wood, and helpers Heiko Mahr Karolina Trapp and Rich Barbara. When that process is allied with an amazing group of photographers who interact, discuss, guide, and share their knowledge, then the learning environment is like no other I’ve experienced.
So I’ll raise a glass (metaphorically) to all those who were a part of this mentorship, and for anyone who would like to learn and stretch themselves photographically, follow the program and keep an eye open for new mentorship announcements.






Such great images, Chris, and WOW that woman in a red dress shot! ... ;oD. Thank you so much for sharing your thoughts and great work from your time in teresa pilcher's "Finding Your Vision" mentorship!
–––
For anyone who has read this far, consider mentoring someone else here (or more) ... some people don't even know where to start with their cameras and you could be the change they need in their lives. Even the smallest bit of knowledge can be passed on and you can create your mentorship in many different ways. Imagine the feeling of taking someone to their next level, paying forward the knowledge you've received and watching someone blossom with enthusiasm and accomplishment! Find out how you can get that feeling for yourself here → https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B2AGAbjLwjUcY0ZiNHlHY2FoNlU/view?usp=sharing
Originally shared by Chris Sutton
Finding Your Vision Mentorship 2017 - Final Album
Sadly, the eight weeks of this mentorship have passed by all too quickly. But what a ride we had, striving to perfect our technique yes, but more importantly, understanding how we can use some newly gained skills to better express our thoughts and understanding of the world around us. That understanding and view of our world is precisely what helps to define how we can create unique photographs.
Is my vision complete? It probably never will be, like everyone else I inevitably change as the world changes around me. However, my understanding of what I’m trying to achieve has evolved, and with that comes a different way to see and photograph the world. That’s not just in street photography either, every time I pick up the camera now the process is different, what I see is different.
In street photography, the surprise for me is that I’ve changed from a distant observer to an engager (shock horror, introvert talks to somebody :) ). That engagement ranges from a shared glance to hours long conversations, and not surprisingly the photographs reflect that engagement. For me that’s been the missing link, bog ordinary photographs of somebody walking down a street don’t fit my vision, what I do want to express is how people live in the modern urban environment, how they interact with spaces, people around them, good architecture and bad. I know I’m not there yet, but I’m sure on my way.
How did this happen? Well it wouldn’t have happened without the amazing program G+ Mentorship Program for Photographers, the patient guidance of our mentor, teresa pilcher and the constant presence of directors ,Alex Lapidus and Robin Griggs Wood, and helpers Heiko Mahr Karolina Trapp and Rich Barbara. When that process is allied with an amazing group of photographers who interact, discuss, guide, and share their knowledge, then the learning environment is like no other I’ve experienced.
So I’ll raise a glass (metaphorically) to all those who were a part of this mentorship, and for anyone who would like to learn and stretch themselves photographically, follow the program and keep an eye open for new mentorship announcements.






This album is just fantastic! So impressive and artistic expression Chris Sutton
ReplyDeleteAngela Migliore Thank you for your kind words Angela, it was an inspiring mentorship and group of people to work with.
ReplyDeleteWhat a fantastic collection Chris Sutton!
ReplyDelete