A New Mentorship! on Cinematic Storytelling

A New Mentorship! on Cinematic Storytelling
Morgana Creely has opened the sign-ups! PLEASE NOTE: course content may include dark or adult themes. Sign-up is quite limited and at the ORIGINAL post only here: https://plus.google.com/u/0/b/105385385448524520257/+MorganaCreely/posts/hvFvhFQGirs
Originally shared by ****
The “Single Frame: Introduction to Cinematic Storytelling” mentorship is ready for sign-ups!
This is a special program introducing some of the compositional elements of visual storytelling through the G+ Mentorship Program for Photographers. I will be taking on a handful of people for a six week on-line mentorship program which will include lessons, assignments, and informal discussions. Everyone who participates can have fun and learn at the same time!
Hi I’m Morgana, a Photographer and author, and I’ve always been passionate about creating images that tell stories, and helping other photographers find their own storytelling voice. You can find out more about what I do over on my website at www.imagecinematic.com
PLEASE NOTE: This is NOT a technical workshop and this is NOT a course for beginners.
You will be expected to own and know how to use a DSLR, basic lighting principles and have access to artificial lighting (Studio, speedlight, even practical lighting such as desk lamps would be fine. You will also need access to and a basic working knowledge of post processing software such as Photoshop or Lightroom.
Images used for example during this course will not necessarily be family friendly or safe for work. Whilst I ask that images of nudity or violence are not posted to this course, examples and course content may include dark or adult themes.
Selections will begin March 30th, 2015 AEST for the mentorship beginning April 10, 2015
These are the selection criteria:
• You must own and know how to use a DSLR, basic lighting principles and have access to and a basic working knowledge of PS or LR.
• You must be taking and posting your own photographs regularly here on G+ –– an absolute minimum of three days between Public posts; more increases your chances of being selected. (The class itself will be private to the group selected except for the option of a public display album of your best work at the end.)
• You must be interactive here at G+, as you will be expected to participate in this program giving feedback and comments to others.
• You have no previous studies in this subject, since this program is designed for those who have not had the opportunity or advantage to add this skill set to their knowledge base.
• You have the time available to participate in this workshop.
• You must have a sense of humour, a willingness to give and take constructive criticism, and not be offended by dark or adult themes.
To be considered for selection, please comment to the main post only, here: [https://plus.google.com/+MorganaCreely/posts/hvFvhFQGirs] (your application will not be seen at any reshares) and answer the following questions in your comment:
1) Photography skill level
2) Photo editing software used most
3) Favourite film and stills photography genres
4) What you want to get out of this mentoring course
5) Previous non-technical art, photography or cinematography studies
6) Amount of time you have available for participation
I have just completed a Mentorship Programme, Seeing Composition and am presently Moderating in CB:BA 3.
ReplyDeleteI just feel that I will taking on too much and would like to give this one a miss. I would however like to participate in future.
Thank you.
Folks, this is going to be fabulous! If this is your thing, definitely visit Morgana and sign up!
ReplyDeleteI wish there was some gap between CBBA3 and this! I definitely need time to practice what all I have learned so far.. but this one looks really interesting!
ReplyDelete