"It has been such an amazing experience to witness the comradery, the support, the positive attitudes and...
"It has been such an amazing experience to witness the comradery, the support, the positive attitudes and helpfulness from a group of people that before this mentorship may not have even known each other." ~ John Getchel
Wow, John, great images and post from your time in Pam Boling's "Seeing Compositions" mentorship!
–––
For anyone who has read this far, consider mentoring someone else here (or more) ... some people don't even know where to start with their cameras and you could be the change they need in their lives. Even the smallest bit of knowledge can be passed on and you can create your mentorship in many different ways. Imagine the feeling of taking someone to their next level, paying forward the knowledge you've received and watching someone blossom with enthusiasm and accomplishment!
Originally shared by John Getchel
Over the past 7 weeks I have been participating in the Great CamelComp Mentorship with Pam Boling as part of the awesome G+ Mentorship Program for Photographers. It’s been a fantastic ride and Pam has asked us to make a final post to share our thoughts on the experiences.
To my fellow participants I am here with you first as a student. When I heard Pam was running a mentorship about composition I knew immediately I wanted to be a part of it! I have been shooting with Pam over the past several years and we were often shooting from very nearly the same location. I was always amazed at how our photos were different. I saw immediately that Pam’s eye for composition was remarkable. I wanted to learn from someone who has such a great eye for the art of a photograph!
Then she asked me to be a helper. I was flattered! I love to help others learn and enjoy sharing my knowledge. I would work hard to understand the lessons and to help others understand as much as I could. I really hope my words have given you some helpful feedback or even just encouragement over the course of this mentorship. I am humbled that I was allowed to participate with you and also help you along this journey of learning! So thank you very much Pam for asking me to help you. I hope I have done a worthy job in assisting you! And thank you even more Pam for being a great teacher and putting all your hard work and time into being there for all of us!
It has been such an amazing experience to witness the comradery, the support, the positive attitudes and helpfulness from a group of people that before this mentorship may not have even know each other. You are all amazing and inspiring! Thank you!!!
This album is a small sample of the images I created for this mentorship. I am very confident that these images would not exist if it weren't for this mentorship and the amazing ideas and encouragement of our fantastic mentor Pam!
Thank you all!
https://plus.google.com/photos/110833099456633722038/albums/6127661994823486913?authkey=CPrJmaSSwOTXPQ
Wow, John, great images and post from your time in Pam Boling's "Seeing Compositions" mentorship!
–––
For anyone who has read this far, consider mentoring someone else here (or more) ... some people don't even know where to start with their cameras and you could be the change they need in their lives. Even the smallest bit of knowledge can be passed on and you can create your mentorship in many different ways. Imagine the feeling of taking someone to their next level, paying forward the knowledge you've received and watching someone blossom with enthusiasm and accomplishment!
Originally shared by John Getchel
Over the past 7 weeks I have been participating in the Great CamelComp Mentorship with Pam Boling as part of the awesome G+ Mentorship Program for Photographers. It’s been a fantastic ride and Pam has asked us to make a final post to share our thoughts on the experiences.
To my fellow participants I am here with you first as a student. When I heard Pam was running a mentorship about composition I knew immediately I wanted to be a part of it! I have been shooting with Pam over the past several years and we were often shooting from very nearly the same location. I was always amazed at how our photos were different. I saw immediately that Pam’s eye for composition was remarkable. I wanted to learn from someone who has such a great eye for the art of a photograph!
Then she asked me to be a helper. I was flattered! I love to help others learn and enjoy sharing my knowledge. I would work hard to understand the lessons and to help others understand as much as I could. I really hope my words have given you some helpful feedback or even just encouragement over the course of this mentorship. I am humbled that I was allowed to participate with you and also help you along this journey of learning! So thank you very much Pam for asking me to help you. I hope I have done a worthy job in assisting you! And thank you even more Pam for being a great teacher and putting all your hard work and time into being there for all of us!
It has been such an amazing experience to witness the comradery, the support, the positive attitudes and helpfulness from a group of people that before this mentorship may not have even know each other. You are all amazing and inspiring! Thank you!!!
This album is a small sample of the images I created for this mentorship. I am very confident that these images would not exist if it weren't for this mentorship and the amazing ideas and encouragement of our fantastic mentor Pam!
Thank you all!
https://plus.google.com/photos/110833099456633722038/albums/6127661994823486913?authkey=CPrJmaSSwOTXPQ
Great work! Love the spoon! Simple yet enjoyable.
ReplyDeleteThank you Kevin Hamm! And it was a serendipitous shot. I was wandering in the park looking for photos and found it abandoned near the picnic tables just aching to be photographed!
ReplyDeleteI love moments like that! That's what makes us photographers unique! Most people would have kept on walking thinking nothing of it. You saw an opportunity and capitalized on it!
ReplyDelete