NOTE: With the limitations that Google placed on the data transferal process from G+, many comments were not retained. This archive is not intended as a complete archive, but for general reference only.
All images are hosted by their respective authors and may not show up within the "G+ Mentorship Program for Photographers" ARCHIVE, which imported text and image references only. More images may disappear over time, as their authors change or remove their hosting.
ALL IMAGES ARE COPYRIGHT OF THEIR RESPECTIVE AUTHORS AND NO RIGHT TO COPY, USE OR DISTRIBUTE IS IMPLIED BY YOUR ABILITY TO VIEW THE IMAGES IN THIS ARCHIVE.

"We all struggled at times, but there was plenty of support and encouragement from everyone at every turn.

"We all struggled at times, but there was plenty of support and encouragement from everyone at every turn. It was great to celebrate our triumphs, too. What a great group of folks to share this journey with!" ~ Linda Villers 

What a beautiful album, Linda, and we can't thank you enough for all you do for the program, too! Thanks for sharing your thoughts and work from your time in Pam Boling's mentorship!

–––
For anyone who has read this far, consider mentoring someone else here (or more) ... some people don't even know where to start with their cameras and you could be the change they need in their lives. Even the smallest bit of knowledge can be passed on and you can create your mentorship in many different ways. Imagine the feeling of taking someone to their next level, paying forward the knowledge you've received and watching someone blossom with enthusiasm and accomplishment!

Originally shared by Linda Villers

Final Plus Post
For the past 7 weeks I have been participating in the Seeing Composition Mentorship with Pam Boling  as part of the G+ Mentorship Program for Photographers. This is the 5th mentorship program I've helped with and they just keep getting better and better.

I was delighted to be a helper for this great program. I love helping others learn and am happy to share whatever I can with folks. Thanks so much, Pam, for allowing me to help with this great group. 

Mostly though, I was a student learning along with everyone else. We received a lesson each week with different compositional tools to practice. Some of them I was familiar with while others were new and turned out to be very thought provoking and fun to experiment with. I always know which shots I like when reviewing them later, but I wasn't always sure why. Now I have a much better idea of why a particular shot will turn out better and have a more interesting feel to it, even if the differences are very subtle. I hope to get to a point that these things are more intuitive and I'll "know" before I click that shutter button! 

A lot of hard work goes into completing the lessons every week. We all struggled at times, but there was plenty of support and encouragement from everyone at every turn. It was great to celebrate our triumphs, too. What a great group of folks to share this journey with! Thanks to each and every one of you!!!

And let's not forget our fearless leader, Pam Boling. She agreed to take on a larger group than originally anticipated and she made sure to see and comment on every single post. No question or concern was ever left unattended, she gave us great feedback and support but wasn't afraid to push us if we weren't headed in the right direction. We stretched our minds and were pushed out of our comfort zone only to come out on the other side as stronger photographers with many great new tools to appreciate and work with going forward. Thanks so much for your inspiring words and great lessons!

If you think you might be interested in participating in a photography mentorhsip, be sure to circle the G+ Mentorship Program for Photographers page and watch for notifications of future programs. They are very rewarding and truly worth the hard work and effort you put into it.

Here is a sample of the images I created during the mentorship.
https://plus.google.com/photos/106225423487569249789/albums/6127618544066176369?authkey=CM-UwvT8g6O_Lg

Comments

Post a Comment