"I'd like to formally thank you, Pam Boling and all the moderators and my fellow students - it's been a great...
"I'd like to formally thank you, Pam Boling and all the moderators and my fellow students - it's been a great learning experience and a fun ride." ~ Lee Wilkinson
Thank you so much for your post and sharing your wonderful work, Lee!
–––
For anyone who has read this far, consider mentoring someone else here (or more) ... some people don't even know where to start with their cameras and you could be the change they need in their lives. Even the smallest bit of knowledge can be passed on and you can create your mentorship in many different ways. Imagine the feeling of taking someone to their next level, paying forward the knowledge you've received and watching someone blossom with enthusiasm and accomplishment!
Originally shared by Lee Wilkinson
CamelComp Mentorship 2015 with Pam Boling G+ Mentorship Program for Photographers
Final post. Sorry this is late: I've been in the immensely photogenic country of Iceland and spent the last few days chained to Lightroom. I like to think that I was better equipped for that trip by having been part of the SeeComp mentorship. I picked up some very useful compositional skills from the formal assignments and from the informal tuition from all the moderators and mentees and acquired confidence to try things from the very supportive group. I also valued the insights into using LR especially graduated and radial filters. The lesson I valued most was on the use of golden ratio overlays as an alternative to the rule of thirds so two of my chosen photos - Mandarin and Tunnel come from that session. I was also pleased with my symmetry shot - bridge - in week 6: balance. The last shot - army guy - was a breakthrough for me: the first time I'd approached a subject in the street to ask for a portrait. Again I'd like to formally thank you, Pam Boling and all the moderators and my fellow
students - it's been a great learning experience and a fun ride. I hope to work with you all again sometime. Good luck. XXX Lee



Thank you so much for your post and sharing your wonderful work, Lee!
–––
For anyone who has read this far, consider mentoring someone else here (or more) ... some people don't even know where to start with their cameras and you could be the change they need in their lives. Even the smallest bit of knowledge can be passed on and you can create your mentorship in many different ways. Imagine the feeling of taking someone to their next level, paying forward the knowledge you've received and watching someone blossom with enthusiasm and accomplishment!
Originally shared by Lee Wilkinson
CamelComp Mentorship 2015 with Pam Boling G+ Mentorship Program for Photographers
Final post. Sorry this is late: I've been in the immensely photogenic country of Iceland and spent the last few days chained to Lightroom. I like to think that I was better equipped for that trip by having been part of the SeeComp mentorship. I picked up some very useful compositional skills from the formal assignments and from the informal tuition from all the moderators and mentees and acquired confidence to try things from the very supportive group. I also valued the insights into using LR especially graduated and radial filters. The lesson I valued most was on the use of golden ratio overlays as an alternative to the rule of thirds so two of my chosen photos - Mandarin and Tunnel come from that session. I was also pleased with my symmetry shot - bridge - in week 6: balance. The last shot - army guy - was a breakthrough for me: the first time I'd approached a subject in the street to ask for a portrait. Again I'd like to formally thank you, Pam Boling and all the moderators and my fellow
students - it's been a great learning experience and a fun ride. I hope to work with you all again sometime. Good luck. XXX Lee



Thanks very much for your kind words and all the +1s Gloria Joanne Roldan
ReplyDeleteFantastic Plus Post Lee Wilkinson , you did some wonderful work in this mentorship!
ReplyDeleteThanks for that Diana Boyd and thanks for all your help and support during the mentorship. Good luck.
ReplyDelete