NOTE: With the limitations that Google placed on the data transferal process from G+, many comments were not retained. This archive is not intended as a complete archive, but for general reference only.
All images are hosted by their respective authors and may not show up within the "G+ Mentorship Program for Photographers" ARCHIVE, which imported text and image references only. More images may disappear over time, as their authors change or remove their hosting.
ALL IMAGES ARE COPYRIGHT OF THEIR RESPECTIVE AUTHORS AND NO RIGHT TO COPY, USE OR DISTRIBUTE IS IMPLIED BY YOUR ABILITY TO VIEW THE IMAGES IN THIS ARCHIVE.

Thank You Ellie Kennard!


Thank You Ellie Kennard!

Hi everyone!  (Alex here)  We're so grateful to the fabulous mentors who have given their time in support of this photography community!  Today I want to thank Ellie Kennard, who has done so much in support of Camera Basics: Beyond Automatic in addition to helping with other programs.  Ellie has created the "Digital Footprints" extension to CB:BA, and has worked tirelessly to advise the participants, resolve technical challenges, and arrange free software and training resources for the group.  Please enjoy Ellie's tales of a Nova Scotia winter and other wonderful photography!
#ThanksToOurMentors  

Originally shared by Ellie Kennard

I Love it. And So Does She

I know it doesn't look like a lot of fun, when you are hunched against a bitter wind that is whipping your hair (or fur) around and ice is freezing your eyelashes. But you have to admit that there is something exciting about it as well. 

I thought that the other day on this walk with Joni. I had my scarf up over my nose and my colourful wool hat pulled down to my eyebrows, held firmly in place with the hood of my winter jacket. I was dressed in layers and layers of thin wool, then ski pants on top and warm thick woolly boot socks. I was trudging along on my snowshoes on top of the thick wind-sculpted drifts, only stopping long enough to pick up Joni's throw toy and send it off into the swirling snow so she could go racing after it. She absolutely loved the game and the walk and bounded over the deep snow in what looked like pure joy. And I looked around me across the white fields that were misted with blowing snow and I felt exhilarated at the sight and the conditions. I love it. And Joni loves it too. What you see in this picture is a happy dog. Photographed by a happy person.*

*If you have your camera out in conditions like this, make sure you bring it into a cool room to acclimatise before bringing it into the warm, to avoid condensation in the camera innards.

Are you not able to comment on Google+ because you don't belong? Would you prefer to comment on my blog? It's right here with all my G+ posts on it: http://www.elliekennard.ca .

#dogloversworldwide DOG LOVERS Worldwide by Robert SKREINER 

#hqspanimals HQSP Animals curated by Alejandro J. Soto Krystina Isabella Brion Andy Smith

#noapologies #bordercollie #puppy #JonisDiary   #AdayinthelifeofJoni #fansofJoni  

#fidofriday Fido Friday by mel peifer Lisa Lisa Suhaib Ayaz Wes Lum

#woofwednesday  by Kana Yamashita

#winterwednesday by Antoine Berger Logan Miller

Comments

  1. Yes, I want to thank Ellie too! I have witnessed her hard work. All the photos in this album are so beautiful..

    ReplyDelete
  2. G+ Mentorship Program for Photographers​​ what a lovely thing to do, to thank the mentors! And to thank me in such a way - well it caught me by surprise and was... almost too much. You guys are so great. We all do just what comes naturally, which is to share our hard learned knowledge and for us to have an eager group of minds ready to process that information and who are not afraid to make big steps in changing their long ingrained habits to learn how to take better photographs and to develop a better workflow, makes it all worth while.
    Thanks so much, Alex.
    Alex Lapidus​​
    And thanks also to Diana Boyd​​ , Lou McCorkle​​ , Samantha OBrien​​ , Beena R​​ and Gloria Joanne Roldan​​ - you all made my day!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment