".

"...That’s one of the great things I've discovered about photography during this course: no matter how much you may know there will always be the undiscovered country of new techniques to try or new perspectives to investigate – the challenge and the opportunities never end." -- Mel Earwood
Lovely image and description of your experience, Mel! So glad you could join us for the Camera Basics: Beyond Automatic mentorship!
–––
For anyone who has read this far, consider mentoring someone else here (or more) ... some people don't even know where to start with their cameras and you could be the change they need in their lives. Even the smallest bit of knowledge can be passed on and you can create your mentorship in many different ways. Imagine the feeling of taking someone to their next level, paying forward the knowledge you've received and watching someone blossom with enthusiasm and accomplishment!
Originally shared by ****
Camera Basics: Beyond Automatic 3
Graduation Post
For the last several weeks I've had the good fortune to be involved in a G+ Mentorship Program for Photographers, directed by Alex Lapidus, Robin Griggs Wood and Ron Clifford. And while the course curriculum explored mastering the manual settings on a camera, side discussions covered everything from shooting the moon to light painting and beyond. The wonderful mentors, assistants and mentees were from all corners of the planet and all levels of experience but each of them made invaluable contributions to the learning experience. That’s one of the great things I've discovered about photography during this course: no matter how much you may know there will always be the undiscovered country of new techniques to try or new perspectives to investigate – the challenge and the opportunities never end.
Definitely the most important idea I have grasped in these weeks is to think more clearly about what I’m doing and why. I have to say, I don’t really know how I got into photography in the first place; like most of my pictures, it just sorta happened. If the word photography means to draw with light I don’t think I’m the artist. I’m just the easel holding the materials. Learning what my camera can do and how to encourage it to do what is required is for me like giving the light a brand new art set with which to write her story on my memory card.
I am so grateful to all my new friends from the class for all their advice, encouragement and constructive criticism! And I can’t recommend these mentorship programs highly enough to all my old friends as well!!
Wonderful experiences in this community. I'm glad you were here and took advantage of it, Mel Earwood
ReplyDelete