NOTE: With the limitations that Google placed on the data transferal process from G+, many comments were not retained. This archive is not intended as a complete archive, but for general reference only.
All images are hosted by their respective authors and may not show up within the "G+ Mentorship Program for Photographers" ARCHIVE, which imported text and image references only. More images may disappear over time, as their authors change or remove their hosting.
ALL IMAGES ARE COPYRIGHT OF THEIR RESPECTIVE AUTHORS AND NO RIGHT TO COPY, USE OR DISTRIBUTE IS IMPLIED BY YOUR ABILITY TO VIEW THE IMAGES IN THIS ARCHIVE.

"I can’t tell you what it means to be back and learning and really understanding what I could be capable of and for...


"I can’t tell you what it means to be back and learning and really understanding what I could be capable of and for that I owe first Robin and then this whole big supportive family a big huge thanks." -- paula contreras 

Wonderful photo and post Paula, and I love the metaphor of the dandelion!  Glad you could join us for the Camera Basics: Beyond Automatic program!

–––
For anyone who has read this far, consider mentoring someone else here (or more) ... some people don't even know where to start with their cameras and you could be the change they need in their lives. Even the smallest bit of knowledge can be passed on and you can create your mentorship in many different ways. Imagine the feeling of taking someone to their next level, paying forward the knowledge you've received and watching someone blossom with enthusiasm and accomplishment!

Originally shared by Art through the Aperture Photography (Paula)

Camera Basics and Beyond Automatic Plus Post

I have recently finished up a mentorship here on G+, been meaning to take this class for at least a year and a half and could just kick myself that I didn’t do it before now.  Thank you so much Robin Griggs Wood , for always being the wonderful caring cheerleader that you are and for gently pushing, when I should have been shoved, LOL

This has been a rollercoaster ride for me and I mean that in the best possible way.  I was upset with myself that I hadn’t done it earlier, but so glad to be there.  From the beginning the Mentors and Mentees have been so supportive, even when I fell behind.  Everyone here has just wanted us all to accomplish what we set out to do and boy did we.
I have been shooting with my camera on auto almost exclusively since 2012.  I have turned out some pretty good shots, but never imagined until after I took this class how much better those shots could have been.  Photography has been my passion since I was a child with my little 110, running around taking pictures of my family and pets.  In high school I took a class and loved it, and that was back when we used film and had to develop it ourselves.  Life got in the way and I let all that slip out of my hands, until the kids got big enough where I could once again pursue what I love, capturing moments in time.

I can’t tell you what it means to be back and learning and really understanding what I could be capable of and for that I owe first Robin and then this whole big supportive family a big huge thanks. This mentorship I’m sure you all know, Robin Griggs Wood Ron Clifford and Alex Lapidus   is huge for some of us and the impact, well you’ve heard it before so I won’t go on.
 
I picked this shot because, well let’s face it, it’s a dandelion seed, but do you see all those tiny connections where each of those little seeds are attached and then when you have someone come and blow on it how all those tiny little seeds float out into the world to plant themselves somewhere else.  That is what this mentorship is all about, all those tiny connections that with the love of all these mentors and mentees get blown out into the world where they find there place and grow and allow this magical thing to start all over again.  I have shot this type of shot in the past at least a handful of times and it never turned out as well and crisp as this one did.
Thank you all for helping me on this journey and sticking with me.  And for anyone else out there thinking about joining a mentorship, just do it, you won’t be sorry.

Comments

  1. Michelle Vincent  thank you and absolutely, the best if you would like to know your camera and more.  Great group of Mentors and fellow mentees to help you along.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment